Moving

My husband and I, along with our Newfoundland dog, will be arriving in San Jose Succotz on April 24. We have a place rented and our truck and other things will arrive later.
We are looking forward to living in Central America again. We lived in Costa.Rica and the Island of Roatan. Moved back to the states in 05. We no longer want to live the states because of the weather. We had an ice storm in January, where I slipped on the ice and fractured both wrist and leg.
We are planning on never moving back to the states.
Just a little introduction.

Wish you luck

Congrats I love Succotz, good chance you will bump into My son in Benny's .

Let me know your son's name and I will say Hi.

Hi my sons name is Christopher  hes a Big guy probably watching the TV if there is any sport on it. He's returning to California for the summer in early May, He eats at Benny's several times a week  so you will run into him. Much as I love Succotz do take some form of ear defenders when the locals party (most weekends, it can get LOUD) The people who live there  that I have met have all been really nice. It is much bigger and more affluent (by Belize standards) than when I first visited 20+ years ago, at that time the Police house by the church actually had a pen with Pigs in the front Yard. Pity you are going after Easter it is a big thing in the village. Starting Maundy Thursday with a parade all around the village as they visit all the decorated areas they staged earlier for the stations of the cross.When the parade ends on the green  by the church, they Crucify (symbollicly) the young man who has been carrying the cross at the head of the parade. It is not grousome, though my description sounds as though it is. Then on Easter Sunday they will party, not much call for Easter bunnies and egg hunts.

Thank you for all the info. We will say hi to your son. My husband is a sports nut and will be watching sports at a place where he can talk with others who like sports, unless he stays home to watch. If you talk to your son, tell him to look for the new people in town with the very large black dog. :)