Moving and Looking for a Job in Taiwan

Hi everyone
My name is Dianita, I am from Indonesia and the new member of this great blog. Hopefully if everything's going well, I will move to Taiwan this June and I can not wait for it. Now I am working as an Office Manager Assistant in a coal trading company in Jakarta, Indonesia. Before that, I was an intern for Guest Relations Service Officer in Grand Hyatt Bali, Public Relations for some national events, and event staff for a kids event organizer in Jakarta. Besides Indonesian, I can speak English fluently and still learning French and Norwegian also Mandarin (remembering I will move to Taiwan). As a Bachelor in Political Science, I am still looking for job opportunities in this country. I already send some applications to few companies and hopefully they are interested.

But, is that hard for an expats to get a job in Taiwan apart of English Teacher?

Hopefully if all of you have an information about job vacancies, please let me know and I can not wait to meet this community when I arrive in Taiwan. Thanks and have a great day :)

It's simple. Why would a local firm hire an Indonesian unless they need your particular skills such as Indonesian language fluency?
There are plenty of local talents for the hospitality trade.
Also hiring a foreigner calls for more paperwork (and perhaps higher pay) which local employers would rather avoid.

hauthomme wrote:

It's simple. Why would a local firm hire an Indonesian unless they need your particular skills such as Indonesian language fluency?
There are plenty of local talents for the hospitality trade.
Also hiring a foreigner calls for more paperwork (and perhaps higher pay) which local employers would rather avoid.

Old thread...again!  :whistle: