Why do some motor drivers don't look, before they go forward, Ahead?

Jaitch wants to teach road rage - just what we need!

I do believe wrote:

Speak for yourself. I don't lose my temper and since I wear POV cameras I have to drive properly in case the CGST want to see my video. No point in doing an own goal.

I didn't swap a licence for a VN one, I took the VN test - and not fluent in VNese motoring vernacular meant I worked hard for it. Never been fined, never had my licence lifted and never had my motorcycle seized. And I have driven here for over 21 years. I also taught truck driving when I was in the Army Signals.

The VN traffic act is very clear on most things and I obey it, including stopping for people crossing on pedestrian crossings (mandatory 2 years ago), red lights, etc. You should read it and see what it covers.

There is nothing about yielding to people coming off side-walks or private driveways having right of way. If someone thinks they have a right to cut me off they get a surprise. Why do VNese drivers think they can cut across straight ahead traffic from the kerb lane when they want to turn left? Vehicles moving from a parked position at the kerb are required to wait for an opening which they can enter the traffic stream safely. Why do oncoming drivers think they have priority when turning left?

Jaitch wrote:
I do believe wrote:

Speak for yourself. I don't lose my temper and since I wear POV cameras I have to drive properly in case the CGST want to see my video. No point in doing an own goal.

I didn't swap a licence for a VN one, I took the VN test - and not fluent in VNese motoring vernacular meant I worked hard for it. Never been fined, never had my licence lifted and never had my motorcycle seized. And I have driven here for over 21 years. I also taught truck driving when I was in the Army Signals.

The VN traffic act is very clear on most things and I obey it, including stopping for people crossing on pedestrian crossings (mandatory 2 years ago), red lights, etc. You should read it and see what it covers.

There is nothing about yielding to people coming off side-walks or private driveways having right of way. If someone thinks they have a right to cut me off they get a surprise. Why do VNese drivers think they can cut across straight ahead traffic from the kerb lane when they want to turn left? Vehicles moving from a parked position at the kerb are required to wait for an opening which they can enter the traffic stream safely. Why do oncoming drivers think they have priority when turning left?

I see; you are going to teach them the right way which is the way you do it. You have been here for 21 years and still obviously don't get it. Playing God is tough and not likely going to work out.

Jaitch wrote:

The inherent weakness in a motorcycle is the lack of a bumper. So I added one, a pointy one. If there are a stream of cars doing a quickie turn across a lane if traffic, I can break it. When a bunch of vehicles ignore a red light, and I have the green, I can break it - and do.

I have trouble imagining what that bumper looks like... could you post a pic? Sounds like a brilliant idea to be honest.

even vnese get scared of some horrible drivers +_+ not all of them be taught in a right way to drive, so parden us, we r so sorry. Just be careful when u r on the street, always :)

ssuprnova wrote:

I have trouble imagining what that bumper looks like... could you post a pic? Sounds like a brilliant idea to be honest.

Actually easy to describe. I mounted 2cm solid 203 Inox (stainless steel) rod to either side of my motorscooter, attaching them to the frame at three points.The mounting brackets have the round bar attached to either end, so it is a solid square frame.

On the front I mounted a cross bar attached to the handle bar support which is actually a twin tube extension of the motorcycle frame. This bar protrudes from either side. To the ends of this cross bar I mounted Inox 203 tube that attach at the lower end to the side bars. These protect my legs from idiots who try to pass me in to narrow a gap.

The side bars are ended in a shape that follows the front mudguard contour and they meet at a point beyond the the front tire. The point is braced by additional bars that attach to the handlebar cross bar.

Between the sidebars from the point to the handlebar there is a 'luggage rack' whose main function is to increase the rigidity of the point from a side force.

All the energy from another vehicle striking me is dissipated to the frame. The upward movement from a head on strike is limited through the handlebar. It can safely hit a wall at 12 KMPH without damage.

The appearance is deceptive - it looks like the fancy trim people apply to their scooters, the difference being the 2cm solid 203 bar (203 refers to the strength of the stainless). I LEDs illuminating the corners so people don't run into them accidentally.

I also have a tow bar at the back for my trailer.

ngoc anh nguyen thi wrote:

even vnese get scared of some horrible drivers +_+ not all of them be taught in a right way to drive, so parden us, we r so sorry. Just be careful when u r on the street, always :)

If you visit my home town of Vancouver in Canada - I now apologize for the bad and dangerous drivers there, so many.

Do you mean Richmond? No need to apologize. There is a whole bunch of bad drivers in pockets of Ontario too that carry over their driving habits from their homeland like Brampton and Markham.

khanh44 wrote:

Do you mean Richmond? No need to apologize. There is a whole bunch of bad drivers in pockets of Ontario too that carry over their driving habits from their homeland like Brampton and Markham.

Ha ha - so you know Richmond! We used to have so many racist jokes when all the Chinese from Hong Kong came over just before China got it back. One that still makes me chuckle is, "How do you make a Chinese person go blind?" The answer; "Put a windshield in front of him/her............"                   Please - no offence to anyone.

Hmmm... after much consideration-- still not sure yet: I'm quite alpha male, I might want to meet you.  Most of what you say has your head so far up your a** I want to call the xe Cấp Cứu to help you get air.  Then again, a lot of what you say hits the mark about us VNese like I've never heard said before:  all Vn'ese are xào., but nobody ever admits. Can I buy you a coffee strong woman?  AS we say in my country, Nếu tôi không bao giờ gặp một người nào đó tôi không có cơ hội để biết họ,. Cuộc sống đang chờ đợi.