Looking for English or German speaking people in Bkk!

Hey Everybody!

I am an Austrian who has just moved to Bangkok. I dont know many people in here but I am open for interesting contacts no matter what age. However I can speak only German and English so it would be difficult if you spoke neither of these.
Looking forward to any reply.

Well I speak english and spanish, so there is something there. Trying to make also a chat meeting sometime soon, but no one seems to like the idea so far.

Hey Luis!

Do you mean an online chat by that?
So have you people had your forum meeting yet?
However if you have time it would be cool to go for a Singha with you in the next couple of days since you seem to be the most active part on this forum.

Daniel

Yeah, I actually was thinking of this weekend make a meeting, ( and no havent been able to make people actually think or post any desirable place to meet) in a place that is mostly centric and not so loud but still with music and so on. Its a beer garden in between petchaburi mrt and asoke mrt, which its name now scapes me, but hopefully i will know by tomorrow as well as an address for it, so i can post it down.

And no, I ment an actual convo by person. For "chat" we can do it anytime in the forums

hi there,

I am Thai, and have  a  lot of  free time , looking for friends to speak English with, if i can help you both with anything please contact me.

Kantarat:)

Hallo,

Ich bin Deutscher, auch neu hier und suche soziale Kontakte.
Vielleicht koennen wir uns mal treffen oder etwas zusammen unternehmen?

Viele Gruesse,
    Frank

Oh,  I am so sorry, may be I posted in the wrong room, I can't speak German, English is fine for me and may be a bit French, But thanks for writing , if you don't mind I can be your friends.

Hey danniel:

Sorry I have gone bit silent last few months. So would you like to meet this next weekend? Got 3 German speaking Dj friends if ur interested, apart from many other broad range of languages to choose from. Last addition was another Spanish speaking guy, cool one too. So what you say?

Hi  Danny   
I am  moving   to  Bangkok  in  September so I feel  like   being   cheeky  and   i  am  going to  ask  you   to  make lots   of   friends   so  when  i  get   there   next  month  i  will  just   contact   you   then  you   can  introduce me to  all  your  friends   and   hey presto  instant network!   I am  a little   scared right   now   of the   move  and  i  have read in  some blogs  it   can  be a bit difficult to  make friends in  BKK  so  do  you  mind  if  i  use you as   an  in  ???

Hallo Daniel,
ich heisse Nantarie. Ich bin Thailandische Frau. Ich wohne in Bangkok.Ich kann Deutsch sprechen. Was machen Sie in Bangkok?
Wo wohnen Sie in Bangkok? Ich suche die deustsche Freunde.
Liebe Grusse
Nantarie

Hi Nantarie! :) Could you please write in English in the forum, so that other members would be able to understand.

Thank you
Christine

The OP is looking for (among other things) German speaking people in BKK. Therefore it is, in my opinion, perfectly adequate to reply to him in German.
That you (being the moderator) do not speak German should not invaluate this, but it does show a lack of cosmopolitanism for this board - or only of its moderators?

only of the moderators team ;)

hi Daniel!

I believe there are many English and German speaking people here in Bangkok as many expat teachers are working here. You will meet new people but be careful, too! :lol::D;)

If u wanna chat, email me at [email protected]

Elboh

Anyway, I'm a Thai who can speak English (Not like a native but can communicate with)

I really interest to practice and know the other languages

and of course i'm friendly :)

, Lina:D

Hello,

I'm English, and interested in meeting new people in Bangkok, and making new friends. I'd definitely like to arrange a meet up with people, or something like that. :)

Hi,

Sure I can speak quite good English. I am Thai guy and cute hehe.
I would like to make more expat friends. Please feel free to message me or call this number 084-073-3844

Hi Austrian guy, I'm Thai who can speak English well and a little German would like to brush up my German language with some one too.  Please feel free to contact me on facebook as well at [email protected], hope to hear from you. Pat.

Hi,
ich komme wahrscheinlich im April für ~2 Monate nach Bangkok (bin seit Dezember in Vietnam).
Vielleicht kann man sich dann ja mal treffen.

LG, eine Steirerin ;)

Hello Foxton,

Can you please communicate in English in this Anglophone forum! Thanks you for your kind consideration.

Regards

Yud wrote:

Hello Foxton,

Can you please communicate in English in this Anglophone forum! Thanks you for your kind consideration.

Regards

Could you please read the comment above by the expat-blog founder about this topic, before you make comments about what should be allowed on this forum?

And: learning a foreign language would benefit you, too!

beppi, yud is part of the Expat.com team. We are on an english speaking board and the moderation team is doing its very best to control every single message on this board.

But we can't do anything if you post in other languages.

BTW, we will add more languages in a few months (we need to recruit first... believe me, we are doing our best)

Google Translate is not perfect, but can in most languages tell you the content precisely enough for your "delete or not" moderator decisions.
"Expat-blog" by its name alone indicates international exposure. Languages (not only one) are always part of that. Thus I think you shouldn't ban them if you are serious!

Hello dear all,
I am a Myanmar/Burmese girl who is currently staying in Bangkok and looking for new friends as I am arrived here very recently.
I can speak English, Burmese/Myanmar, Basic Chinese.

Hope to get some new friends from Expat.com.

Welcome on Expat.com quietsoul ;)