Too many papers for registration of our Marriage in Germany.

Hello !

unfortunately my wife and me experienced the SAME !! plus approx 700 euro payment, its very annoying i must say, but at the end you have a paper in your hand that the marriage is fully accepted and valid !!

the only place i know where its more easier in Denmark,

kind regrads LK

My husband is German and we got married in Brazil. We decided to legalize the papers in Germany before getting married. So we had to get many documents from Germany (like his birth certificate, his certificate of residence from the last city in Germany he lived, and also a certificate that he was not married in Germany). From my side (being the foreigner spouse) I had to send to Germany my birth certificate along with the Single certificate too. So this was sort of letting authorities know in advance that we were getting married. After we got married in Brazil, we came to Germany and then just needed to register the new residence and to have the permit for me to live in Germany. For my permit, I presented a translated version of our marriage certificate (translated by a certified translated IN Germany). Also, I presented my passports (all versions - from the one that is current and the expired ones), my translated University and Masters diploma and that was it. In one day I left the office with the permit. The first permit is valid for 2 years. After that, you can renew for another year. Your permit allows you to live and work in Germany without any restrictions. I did the process for getting married in Nurenberg and the Visa/Residence in Munich (as I know the process my differ from one city to another).
I know that we paid for the permit (50 EURO), but not sure if we paid something for registering the residence.

I came her in Germany with family reunion visa because of our baby, when I came here we plan to get married, and yes German officials or to be exact German high court ask us to Have this papers it's called LCCM. it took us 1 and half year to complete all papers and processing of this. I am talking base on my experience and That is not the last after you get married, still a lot of papers to come a nd it's so much time and effort wasted for this unnecessary papers

Do not get married in Germany. Get married in the Philippines and then apply for a "family reunion Visa". It is much simpler. Believe me...

EnajLopih wrote:

Hello to everyone,

I'm a newbie here. I want to ask if anyone of you experienced the same way.

I am married to my handsome husband  :P , a German last December, 2013. He's back to Germany now and went to the Office where He will be registering our Marriage. But we were really surprised because they were asking too many documents from the Philippines, such as:

- Marriage Certificate of my Parents
- Birth Certificate of My Siblings
- My Baptismal Certificate
- Form 137 ( Primary School )
- A photo showing our house in Google Map ( maybe a screenshot  )  :unsure
- CEMAR
- Where did I live since I turned 15 y/o ( like a document, I guess ) I'm clueless! :)
- Passport Photo 2 copies
- 1 whole body Photo, Seriously?  :/

Well, of course I can actually send these I'm just surprised. Does anyone here experienced the same?

Thank you so much.  :)

Yes, I experienced the exact same thing. Welcome to Germany... the land of "give me all the documents you have and then I will ask you for more documents that you might not have". Be prepared to experience this with just about everything you do in Germany. They will ask you for many documents every time you try to do something.

They asked me for all of that for my wife´s Visa... and it took 8 months just to get her Visa for Germany, but they controlled EVERYTHING!

Good luck!

This documents are requirements for the "Examination of Philippine Documents". I read it from the German Embassy Manila website. I did comply all that as it was requested by the standesamt where my now husband resides. It took us 6months before they released my hubby's legal capacity for us to get married in Phils. There was a Man who was sent by the embassy to verify/investigate my declared residence. The Goverment Official informed us that a man was sent by the German embassy to verify all my philippine document.

*for Filipino/Filipina Family Reunion Applicant
I registered online for my FRV Application first week of May and got my definitive appointment 6weeks later and I was scheduled second week of September. For the allocated appointment alone you will need to wait 4-5 months. (The waiting time is currently 4-5months for FRV Application according to the German Embassy Manila Website.)

It is written in the website of German Embassy Manila  that you need to inform the German Interviewer if the verification of Philippine documents has taken place. In my case My hubby asked the standesamt of how will I prove that to the German Embassy Manila , then the Standesbeamtin gave my hubby "Aktenzeichen" Number. According to the Standesbeamtin the Nummer should be attached to the Certificate of LiveBirth of the Applicant.

It will take 4-6months to verify Philiipine Documents of the applicant plus the visa waiting time.

I hope this could help. Good luck!

This is why so many marry outside Germany because of the paperwork involved. Check out other posts on the Forum, you will see a lot choose Denmark as an example to get married as its much easier to wed there.

Dear Enaj,

Let me tell you what your husband need to register your marriage in Germany.
Seems somebody at the city hall in his place is getting absolutely crazy in his/her mind.

The only thing he needs to register your marriage is the Marriage Certificate with red ribbon.
you do not need anything else than this.

These kind of people really harassing Philippino's in such a bad way and I know because I had the exact same thing. Went there showing the marriage license and done.

So please stay positive and if you need some additional help your husband or you could always contact me, just drop me a msg here ok.
And there is NO charge for this keep that in mind it is the obligation of every German citizen to register his/her marriage free of any costs!

yes that is why my wife flew back to South African in May 2017 that we rather get married there as Germany wanted so many papers i could not get from my first marriage,i couldnt get my first marriage  wedding certificate that Germany wants if u want to get married  to get married in Germany,,much easier mostly to get married in ones born country,,

lol yes i agree,,i had to give a copy of my marriage cert in South Africa to apply for my visa,then when i arrived at foreign office to register im here i was asked did i bring it with,then when my wife said but surely it must be in the system because how did my husband get his visa she looked up and said "oh ja here it is",,it was to much  work for her to look up and print a copy from computer,,and when applying for permit also,,wanted more papers but did not say in letter when i got appointment date papers  i must bring those specific papers with,,about my banking account,,then my wife said but surely u know he cant open a banking account without a permit he got xxx at her  when i couldn't show them then he went for my wife,,asking her did she bring her work contract with,,luckly she did,,but then only wanted to give me a 12 month permit because i could not show how much rent i earn a month,so ja just relax,,its normal for them

surely u are not serious about making a screenshot of your house,,no ways man

as i see ur experience it is less hassle when ur already in germany and do all the papers. just my opinion

Hi!

If I were to get married in Denmark holding a Schengen visa, will I have problems getting a residence permit in Germany? Will they require me to go back home and apply for FRV.

A Schengen tourist visa cannot normally be converted to residence permit.
Ask at your local Ausländeramt whether it is possible in your case!

I thought so too.. 😔 thank you for the information

@Angeliefunke hi I live in dubai.my gf from Germany we want to get marry and come to German

Hello Umer Habib,

This is an old thread and most members if not all are no longer active.

I suggest you open a new thread on the forum should you need up to date infos.

All the best

Bhavna

@umer habib The user you are referring to, Angeliefunke, did not visit this forum for six years. I think you are unlikely to get a reply from her.

But you can read the posts in this thread to get an orientation about the topic. Basically, after marrying, you need to apply for a family reunion visa to move to Germany together with her. Depending on your embassy and intended place of residence in Germany, the process can take several months. One of the preconditions is basic German language skills, so you may want to start studying it now!

Hello I am new in this Forum.

@Eric Sankt Do you have something to add to the topic of this thread?