New members of the Scotland forum, introduce yourself here

Hi all,

Newbie on the Scotland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Scotland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi! We're planning the big move to Scotland this August/September from Wheaton IL for my husband to study at the University of St. Andrew's. We have four kids under the age of 7 and would love to get connected to other families in the area.

Welcome aboard scholarswife !

:cheers:

I LOVE Scotland. My family and I wish to visit Scotland again and enjoy its beauty.

Hi there

I am currently living in South Africa and really want to move to Aberdeen in Scotland. However, finding jobs for a foreigner is proving to be difficult. Can anyone render some advice as to how to move there and possibly find companies who are willing to apply for work permits?

Many thanks
Shav

Hi All,

My name is nadia and I'm planning to study digital design at the university of Edinburgh in Scotland.

Heard it is a beautiful city, would love to see it soon!

Hi all,
I am an Italian guy who moved here nearly two years ago and I am living in Glasgow.
Unfortunately where I work I am one of the youngest and I am struggling to make new friends here.
I will very happy to chat or have a coffee with someone.

Thank you guys

Cheers :-)

Hi there! I moved to the beautiful West Coast of Scotland from the Southern U.S. a year ago to be with my husband. I am freelance journalist blogging about my new life in the old world. I am always looking for interesting stories and people to write about and am glad to answer questions about my own visa/move/starting life over experience.

Hello all.
I arrived in Aberdeen some days ago.
For the moment I have not ​​any friend so I hope to meet someone due to this site.
I will stay in Aberdeen for long time so I am interested in create a good circle of friends with whom to share evenings and weekends!

Tata for now

Hiya! I'm currently living in Glasgow & I'm from Arkansas, in the US. I moved here to be with my boyfriend. I would like to meet other people who are into food, live music, yoga and gardening!

I have lived in the uk for almr5 years, England, have been back home for 3 years.

Im moving to Edinburgh as the city has a lot to offer, good universities, great living costs (comparing to London's) so overall, quality of life.

Hey Guys,

Glad to have found this site!  I am very excited about meeting people who have personal experiences living and working abroad, particularly those working in Arts and Writing professions. My goals are to build my writing career in Scotland and invest in its future economy.

Thanks. Robert.

Hello!
We are moving to Edinburgh!!! My husband, myself, our 19-year veterinary student daughter and our gorgeous dog. We are looking for accommodation in Edinburgh for 9 months (Sept 2014 to May 2015). We'd prefer to rent a place before we leave Canada as we will be arriving shortly before the start of the university term and with a dog. Our daughter will be busing to the Easter Bush Campus. We've been told to rent in town, but not north of Princes Street. We found a place we like, but it is in Murrayfield (indeed, north of Princes). We're wondering if it will be a commuting hell for our daughter. Any opinions? Suggestions? Thanks all for any guidance!

Hi, Moved to Aberdeen almost 3 months back. I am here for few years at least. I liked the place and its beautiful surrounding except its fickle weather. I don't know anybody outside my office and like to make circle of friends. If somebody is interested in exploring the surrounding and like a company, ping me.

Hi

I am a whilte male aged 31 by the name of York Cleave.

I have a British Passport.

I will be arriving in Edinburgh soon.

Just trying to network with other expat south africans.

Thanks
Cheers

hi, i am Micky an African born in Nigeria lived in Amsterdam. i am checking out Glasgow if its a good place to stay.i am now in Glasgow. love to know more about Scotland and feeling lonely in scotland

Hello, everyone!

Glad to be here, hope to meet some interesting people.

hi. am nora my real name. living here in cavite, philippines, am interested to having friends near your country. I hope you will be the one to be. if you interested you may contact me at my face book account marinor garidos. or my cell number 09336675162 or 09106085095. thank you

Hi everyone,

I am newbie in Scotland currently lives in Paisley and would like to know you all....

Cheers
Dadang

Hi there,

My name is Dong Bach and I've just left the sunny side of France to work as a researcher at the University of Glasgow. I'm looking for meeting people to share a pint of whatever to chat about anything or to put the world to rights (or not). Drop me a line if you are interested.

See you soon,

Cheers.

Dong Bach.

Hi there,

I am Thibaud, I am French from Paris and I arrived in Glasgow two weeks ago for a secondment with my company. I will stay at least 3 months. For the moment, I dont know anyone in Glasgow. I would like to meet other people to share and discover Glasgow and Scotland!

Cheers

Hi! I have recently moved from Australia to Glasgow with my husbands work. It has been difficult to meet people as I haven't been able to start teaching yet. I am keen to catch up with anyone who is in Glasgow :)

:)  Hi all! We just moved to the Aberdeenshire last weekend!!! My hubby received a transfer, so we packed up our stuff and our two kids, and here we are.  We moved from the Calgary area, in Alberta, Canada. Hope to meet some new friends.

Hey,

So I'm a graphic designer from Ireland, recently moved to Glasgow. Looking to meet new people and find new friends.

Hi,

My name is Richard. I'm wondering if you have arrived recently in Scotland and would be interested in sharing some "new arrival" experience, if that is the case. My basic plan is to visit for a few weeks in September and arrive for good next Spring to settle in for a while.

Thanks,  Mac

Hey everyone   :cheers:

I'm 21, I moved to Edinburgh from New Zealand in June, I have family here and was born here but don't know many people near my age. If anyone is keen to go for a drink or go see some of the festival stuff going on let me know.

Catriona

Hello! My name is Shawna and I am from Maine, USA.  My family and I have a plan to move to Scotland in 2020 for my oldest child to attend the University of Edinburgh.  At that time I will have two kids in the lower grades, plus my college kiddo.

I have so many questions, and have gone cross-eyed reading up on the visa requirements.  Looking for advice on this whole process. Every kind of advice from the Visa process, to adjusting to much smaller living space and outlets that look way different from ours.

Thanks! Have a GREAT day! :)

Hello All,

Not entirely new to Aberdeen, I have been living and working here for 10 years.

I would love to meet new people and share some of my experiences.

Lisa

Any Brazilian  in kirkcaldy or Arbroath ?

Hi
I'm Maltese and have lived in ENgland for 20 years adn Scotland for the past 10 years.  I'd love to met up with any other Maltese ex-pats livng here, but this forum seems to be *very* quiet :-(

Ros

hi Dadang - I live very near Paisley and I attend uni there (mature student) :-)

Hiya
yes - Although the US and the UK use the same language we are very different countries - if you have questions - fire away :-)

Hi Mac
I've been here for 10 years now, and it's a great place to live.  I hopeyou enjoy your holiday and that you have a successful move here.  If you have any questions, do ask!

Hi! my name is Jana, I live in London, but im looking forward o move to Edinburgh in September.
don't hesitate to contact me if you want to talk. see you around!

Hello,

We have been in Aberdeen for about 5 years now. Its a wonderful city, other than the rainy summers. :P

Any new comers looking for help, let us know and we will be more than willing to assist.

cheers
Gaurav

Hello!
My name is Dawn Chiasson. I am a licensed counselor here in San Antonio,  Texas who will soon be divorced and facing an empty nest once my daughter goes to school in the spring. I have always loved the UK and most especially Scotland. My mother's maiden name is Ewing and can be traced back to William Wallace times. I have always felt an affinity for Scotland,  as if I've lived there before. I am seriously considering a move there as a new beginning for this season of my life.  It is a bit overwhelming to think about, but oh so exciting!!

I am originally from Queretaro, Mexico, but living in Scotland now with my Scottish husband, I am looking for new friends in Scotland to email and chat with, and maybe someone can help me find a job in dentistry.

Hello everyone,
I'm currently living in Southern California and visited Scotland last fall. I've been dreaming of living in Europe my whole life and finally decide that Scotland is where I want to live. I rented an apt (through VRBO) in Edinburgh and fell in love with the city! I then drove around the Highlands for a couple of weeks, and that did it; I was sold on Scotland.

It may be a while before I can get over there, as I'm trying to get a 'portable' business going, but I WILL get there!

Hello
I'm donaldo I'm currently living in Scotland willing to learn more from this forum.

hello jana ,my name is djamel i want to know more about edinburgh ,i wait ur message

Closed