Sell a Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 in Ethiopia

Hello, I live in Cape Town and I am going to drive all the way to Ethiopia in my Nissan Pathfinder. I would like to sell the car in Ethiopia. Does anyone know what the import taxes are and what I will have to pay? And is anyone interested in buying the car? I will probably arrive in Ethiopia in September 2014. Thank you for your answers!
Tim

hi
nice to meet you .
can you tell us  the manufacture year of the car  and model ?

please use my personal email address  [email protected]

HI I am very interested to buy your car, I want to drive all the way back to cape town in it :)
email me: [email protected]

Hello Tim,
What an adventure you have in store for you.
Vehicles into Ethiopia are quite an issue.
They come in two ways, duty-free, if brought in under and NGO, or duty-paid, for personal use.
I may be interested in the vehicle, and can explain more through email communication, rather than on this blog site.
Would it be possible for your to text me your emil address, please?
Or if you are comfortable posting it here, that would be your choice.
My mobile is +251-940-295-285

Hope to hear from you

The taxes is mind boggling and so is the bureaucracy. I might look at it for export. Send me details for the car (year, mileage, type of fuel etc) and if interested, we can then discuss. hnajeeATgmail.com

Best
Hussein Najee

hello

mostlikely will you travel through the other Country, using a CARNE, with this document you also can enter Ethiopia with out paying any tax (boarder). This CARNE is basicaly a warenty that you will leafe the entering Country after a definated time....

The Problem starts when you want to sell the car, afetr you gave a legal warenty through a international CARNE......

to give you a understanding of tax - I belive that officials even do not 100% understand -
have a look at following psoting

https://www.expat.com/en/classified/afr … offer.html

a 4500 USD car will be taxed according to this with a total of 19.000 USD, nice!

Beside this the customs will not except any sales contract showing the real Price, they have their own list, bassed on brand, type and Age!

OIiver

Hey, I am in Toronto and going to visit mother land Ethiopia in September too.
I was planning to buy an SUV for family, can you send me the detail regarding your Pathfinder : year, kilometer ( I can imagine after  S.A to ET drive  LOL . and the $$ range