Transporting trucks from the Netherlands to Ethiopia

Hi everyone,

My name is Bianca and i live in the Netherlands.
i wanted to start a business in Ethiopia "Transporting Trucks"
Now i know that there is a tax fee that is very high, but my question is if i have a license to do so, is the fee still as high  or is it for free?

I understand that as a foreign i cant just transport cars into Ethiopia. Now my mom is an Ethiopian so i can get my Ethiopian ID card and get to business right?

Thanks for helping out,

Greetings Bianca.

HI
Will be possible to meet and discuss further
I am from freight fowarding industry can and explain the challenges invovled on the sector.
Let me know
Kaushal

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Thanks for the reply!
But your number isnt working therefore u can call me on my number ***.
I'll be awaiting your call.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

selam tax emikenslsh aymeslegnm lemangnawm yalewn  neger teyke enegrshalew

Betam amesgnalew! We'll keep in touch x

forexpat wrote:

selam tax emikenslsh aymeslegnm lemangnawm yalewn  neger teyke enegrshalew

This is an Anglophone forum so please post in English only.

Hi,
Bianca if your still interested in selling trucks please get back to me with your FOB price for Iveco trakker !

Regards
Kal

Bianca, did ever apply for Ethiopian ID card, please do give me your feed back.

Regards

Hey there!

I aplied for my Ethiopian ID card in January
In Brussels... and i just received it in June.
They gave me the ID because my mom is an Ethiopian. I dont know how it goes with the yellow card unfortunetly... but yea 6month later i got it, and i am  ready for business now.

Kind Regards

I will soon apply for Ethiopian ID card, my grandfather was born in Ethiopia.

If dont mind me asking what proof did ask from you confirm that mother is Ethiopian?
was paper work a lot and just few forms to fill out?

What is the cost of ID card Euros?

I would think as mother is Ethiopian an old copy of her Ethiopian passport?

Wow 6 months wait time of ID card, i am so pleased for you well done getting your ID card.

Yellow Card and Ethiopian origin card is same thing. In past it was called Yellow card. Most people say now days Ethiopian origin ID Card.

Yes indeed they want to see some kind of proof that your grandfather is Ethiopian. I was lucky i had my mom's green card from there and that was enough.

Totally i paid like €300 + there are some forms you need to fill with a adress from someone in Ethiopia, so you can take into account.

You need to have your own birth certificate that is proved by the " ministry of foreign affairs"

Thats about it...

By the way i applied for the ID in the Brussels, i dont know what your country of origin is but i hope they do the same thing around there!

Good luck💪🏽

Good Morning Bianca

Thank you providing with process you went though. Indeed your mother's Ethopian Green Card ID did help your case.

I am UK passport holder, my family been in UK for over 50 years. I live in UK.

I have contacted the Ethopian Embassy, i was told i need get a bit paper work. in my case regional court documents and regional  ID card will help me.

If dont mind me asking is Green card ID residency card or  ID card. Are geen card issued in Addis only.

What is a Green Card? I know what is a Yellow Card.

I am aware each regions issue own ID cards which help person get a passport or open bank account etc)  which is valid for 5 yrs. Ethopia is nation over 100 millon.

Thank you so much for your information. Your guidance it,s so helpfull.

Regards

Hey!
What i remember is that my both parents moved to Ethiopia in 2004 and they got a green card which means indeed residency card so (no ID or Passport ) but that was there choice. Not sure but i think they only provide it if you live there with an other nationality.

But you can open a bank account and such with your foreign ID or passport.

I wish i could help you more but unfortunetly 🙏🏼

Bianca that  is amazing -really thanks all information you have provided. it will help many people who wish to apply for Yellow Card i.e. Ethopian Origin Card.

I found out Green Card, you have renewed it yearly. but Yellow card every 5 years though embassy😎

Good luck in your bussiness.🙂