Leaving Bahrain

I do not intend to renew my work visa,as my contract expires soon. I have accepted a better job offer from another country.  I do still however have financial commitments (loan and CC) at a local bank which I intend to continue to honour, but have heard very draconian and scary stories of Bahrain wrt this.  Apparently if you inform the bank of this, they can just slap a travel ban on you that then leads to more problems. I have some concerns and need advice from anyone that knows or have been through this.

1. If all payments are up to date at the time of visa cancellation will I be allowed to leave through the airport without being stopped, as I understand banks can only apply for a court order for a travel ban if you are in default of payments, which I will not be in, and intend to keep honouring the commitments.

2. Some people say to make an arrangement with the bank, but again there are stories of banks then just applying for travel bans, even if you did the honorable thing of informing them.

3. It seems with all these scary stories around, its better to only contact them after leaving in order to arrange for the continued payments.

4. Do banks know when your visa is cancelled and can they put a travel ban on you even if you are not in default of any payments at that stage.

Ive heard from some friends that they left without any problems after their contracts ended and made arrangements with the bank to continue paying, but I also heard some stories of people arriving at the airport only to find out they cant travel.

Any advice would be appreciated.

If it's similar to Saudi, the bank will know as soon as your Visa is cancelled so you probably need to speak to them beforehand.

My understanding was that everything has to be settled before you leave but I could be wrong.

I too think the bank will get to know, so you might as well let them know. And knowing how local banks operate, you may not find it easy to leave the country without repaying your dues.

Think through it well before deciding on your next course of action.