Looking to move to Belize

:D Terry and Kathy Bromm here. Just found this forum and are hoping to find some useful information here on moving to and living in Belize. We are hoping to make our move in about a year. Would like information on buying .property and building a house in Belize. and maybe starting a business there as well. We will appreciate any information offered. Thank you
Terry and Kathy.

Have you visited Belize yet?  Suggest you try to see a few places before you get carried away. It's not paradise, nowhere is. However we enjoy living here. Setting up business in a foreign country has many challenges: permits, different rules and regulations, etc. Good luck.

As for buying property, please do not rely solely upon internet postings. For example, have a look at this property (www.belizeproperty.com/pyramid+house.html) and then look at these pictures I took of the same property just this morning.

postimg.org/image/rmuw7uq9d
postimg.org/image/dlni01c35
postimg.org/image/50u68v1wx
postimg.org/image/y4ie53q0h

Thank you for your thoughtful response to our request, it has been quite helpful. We do plan on visiting first and checking things out ourselves before jumping in. You gave us what we were looking for an honest and cautionary reply. Thank you. My wife and I are not looking to live in a mansion., Just a small home that will be adequate, one or two bedroom is enough. We hope to find a place on or near the ocean. As I am a misplaced beach bum at heart.
Thank you so very much
Terry and Kathy Bromm.