Advice wanted on possible relocation to Bulgaria

Hi everyone. I am a new member here, so I hope it is ok that I have started a new thread. Just to explain a little about my situation.

I am in my mid twenties and currently live in the UK but I am originally from Ireland. My partner is from the UK and we have a one year old daughter. For the last few years we have wanted to move away from the UK for various reasons, and we were all set for a move to Cyprus in 2012 but for numerous reasons we did not complete the move. But now we have decided the time is right to leave.

I recently saw a job advertised at a resort in Bansko - a job I am well qualified to do. I had never considered Bulgaria before but said "Why not" and sent my CV. I have now been asked to attend an interview and have a look around the resort and meet the owners. Obviously this is going to be a bit costly as flights are a few hundred pounds, so before I commit to going out there I would be grateful for any advice anybody could give.

Is it a crazy idea to move there with a family? The salary mentioned is 1500EUR, would this be sufficient to live on? Is there many ex pats in the area?

Any advice whether for or against would be appreciated

good evening, €1500 a month is a very good salery. You will live like a king on that. Is that a full time job? A lot of the work is seasonal. I have been here almost two years and I love it here. If you are serious about moving here permanantly drop me an email stephen@expatassistance.co.uk

Thank you for the reply. Yes the job is full time year round. Like I say, my knowledge of Bulgaria is limited, so any tips are appreciated. What would the area be like for a young family? Is there much of an expat community? Obviously I would try to embrace the locals and adapt to the culture as best I could, but some expats around would also be nice. Also, what company or route do you use to fly with, I haven't found any flights for under EUR350?

We use Wizz air most of the time, sometimes Balkan Air. I reccomend you sort out a lawyer, accountantant, insurance, etc. I can help with most of this. There are many ex pat pages on Facebook for all the major areas. Any questions just email me.

Go also to Skyscanner ! I am a little be affraid that you have to pay the flight ? Do you know the compagny in Bulgaria ?
                                                                     Wich you all the best ,
                                                                     Axinia

Flights on Skyscanner are about EUR350. I was surprised they would be this expensive. As this is just for  final interview, I am expected to pay for the flight. This is why I was hoping for some information - then I could decide whether it would be worth it or not...

Try Wizzair.com

I'm a Scot and moved here 6 months ago to retire and am enjoying it very much. If you come you'll find there are several hoops to go through for registration etc and nothing happens quickly here so be patient! The salary offered looks good to me against average earnings here of about £400 month. I visited Bansko recently and found it a nice place though seasonal for skiers etc . No idea about education here for a young family but other bloggers here will be able to advise on that
Good luck

There is a young English family here, the girl goes to the village school and is now bi lingual. No problem