Filipino's who have a bad attitude when they marry a foreigner

I call on all the Expats who had participated in the above subject thread and have found it has been removed by a newbie team player, Hansaa, 27 years wise, at her discretion alone decided the thread has no merit to us Expats but in fact was very informative to us as to what to expect from many of the gold digger women who are only out to bilk us Expats out of our hard earned funds and a government corrupt enough to resell goods which were meant for the victims of mother natures fury..I call on you to demand the thread be reinstated and if not call for the resignation of this unwise, bloated Newbie Censor...There was really no valid reason for her to remove it when in fact there were not one complaint from any of the people who participated and were giving informative feedback...

It seems to me that the "team" here is too eager to shut things down, a couple of the them from Mauritius, take off post that they decide are not relevant. Usually it's the same story, "they've" decided there is nothing more to be said. Or they just arbitrarily take them off because they don't like what's written. But I'm much more inclined to think, [THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S WRITTEN], and thus they jump with the ax or hoe to chop or cut out what they can't reason through.

And "they" are [dead wrong] about most of their (moralizing) decisions. There are other sites around, and sometimes I read the threads, and even political sites with major news and politics about the USA and world, that are not POLICED LIKE THIS SITE.

It's a problem because they these administrators are trying to get "out in front" of the thinking and writing --- and even ranting... YES RANTING, it's very normal in writing it happens all the time at the most professional level.  Based on what I've seen here of their very limited scope, they are not sophisticated enough to do that.  They don't understand (what's) being written... but decide to take the writing off (based on what?)...

They don't let the thread "BREATHE" that is let someone, or some of us, rest and [THINK] about it a bit...Writing is not so easy, it really does take thinking. I've found (real thinking) is not very compatible with the administrators on this site. They seem to favor one or two lined sentences, and things written in an extremely basic way.

I have seen where, some of the administrators actually (have real post) on other threads of the Expat.com in other parts of the world, but none, zero, here.... I have much more respect for them because they (create), and post, not just take away as this particular group that POLICE the Philippine portion of the Expat.com are so eager to do.

I've looked at these administrators posting history, and there is none to SEE.... Not a single post contributed.... the numbers look real impressive until you start opening up the post.....There's nothing there... other than telling the poster he's been moved. THAT'S IT.... No post about any single issue. Not sunshine or rain, drinking water, coconuts, nothing....

My point it's so much easier to take away... especially when not contributing to the works  written here. If it were my site, and I wanted good people working it. I would require they write something's and post them. It's much too easy to just take away what others had to take the time, effort, and [thinking] to put down here. When "they" don't add anything they don't care. The only time they are useful is when they are taking away. Not adding too. It's a problem!! And it's very easy to see from this side <::::> writing and posting adding too --- as opposed to always taking away.

No where do I see writing, and I do mean nowhere, where the writer stays focused like a laser on topic, I don't care how "professional" the writing is. They always (move around, THAT MEANS WRITE AROUND THE TOPIC), but they soon get back on topic, because that's the way writing works, and I feel these administrators, don't even understand how the very basics of writing, ideas, communications and how they are conveyed.

In a nutshell, they are not trying to grow the site, they are too busy censoring, for the most part what they clearly do not understand.

Sincerely,

Dr. RR__

vetretreat wrote:

I call on all the Expats who had participated in the above subject thread and have found it has been removed by a newbie team player, Hansaa, 27 years wise, at her discretion alone decided the thread has no merit to us Expats but in fact was very informative to us as to what to expect from many of the gold digger women who are only out to bilk us Expats out of our hard earned funds and a government corrupt enough to resell goods which were meant for the victims of mother natures fury..I call on you to demand the thread be reinstated and if not call for the resignation of this unwise, bloated Newbie Censor...There was really no valid reason for her to remove it when in fact there were not one complaint from any of the people who participated and were giving informative feedback...

I tried to start a new thread on the Uruguay Forum about the fact that they passed laws to establish a government run Marijuana business.  Said Newbie censor sent me a PM telling me it was taken down for legal and security reasons.  Huh?  Can't state which laws the government passed?  I offered no opinion, just wondered how it would affect current and future expats.  Wrote her a PM to ask why, as of 1:00 PM EST on 12/11/13 have not received a reply.  What do you say Julien?

its Has been time I see this website run unprofessional
asaf

Hi everyone,

we definitely owe you explanations.

mugtech, regarding this particular thread, this is just a mistake from us. Yes, we make mistakes too, and I apologize for this and for the future mistakes we may make in the future.

Regarding the thread about Filipinas, we think this thread has been closed too early / we should have clearly explained. This particular thread is definitely interesting, but a few posts are confusing / generalizing bad behaviors to a whole population, and people may take offense of what has been posted.

Anyway, I completely understand your views and we'll reopen this thread today (with more explanation)

I've looked at these administrators posting history, and there is none to SEE.... Not a single post contributed....

Ramblingroads > you have no idea of the job the mods are doing here. They're reading thousands of messages everyday, from expats in 200+ countries, in 5 languages ... + classifieds, jobs, housing ads, blogs, pictures, businesses. We are still a very small team and we are doing our best to provide a good service. Yes, we are not omniscient and we also make mistakes, but hopefully you'll notice that we're doing our best to improve the service little by little.

Our job here is to help, not to be against you guys. If you believe we're doing something wrong (which happens), please use the contact form or send me a PM and we'll quickly do our best to fix any issue you may have.

Thanks for your comprehension,

Julien

Julien wrote:

Hi everyone,

mugtech, regarding this particular thread, this is just a mistake from us. Yes, we make mistakes too, and I apologize for this and for the future mistakes we may make in the future.

Regarding the thread about Filipinas, we think this thread has been closed too early / we should have clearly explained. This particular thread is definitely interesting, but a few posts are confusing / generalizing bad behaviors to a whole population, and people may take offense of what has been posted.

Anyway, I completely understand your views and we'll reopen this thread today (with more explanation)

THANK YOU!!!

Julien wrote:

I've looked at these administrators posting history, and there is none to SEE.... Not a single post contributed....

Ramblingroads > you have no idea of the job the mods are doing here. They're reading thousands of messages everyday, from expats in 200+ countries, in 5 languages ... + classifieds, jobs, housing ads, blogs, pictures, businesses. We are still a very small team and we are doing our best to provide a good service. Yes, we are not omniscient and we also make mistakes, but hopefully you'll notice that we're doing our best to improve the service little by little.

Our job here is to help, not to be against you guys. If you believe we're doing something wrong (which happens), please use the contact form or send me a PM and we'll quickly do our best to fix any issue you may have.

Julien

G'day Julien,

having a quick read of the above, seems to me that you probably have too few moderators for this size of site.  Ever considered having 'low-admin-rights' moderators for the separate forums? 

It will take some time to obviously get the right person/s for this, but it would really only take a quick search in the background to see who are the more prevalent posters and from there not a hard step to deduce who 'could' be a competent moderator.

Even easier, put out 'applications' for moderators, I think you would be surprised as to how many people would enjoy doing this.  It's actually the best option I found for my own site (with 400+ members) and I have sub-categorised moderators, from SuperMods down to just specific TopicMods.  From 400+ people I work on a 20:1 ratio and it works very well, that and with the continual turn-over of mods 'situations' like this a very rare as the TopicMods are part of the niche that the other posters are and either knows most of the others or is aware of the posting 'habits' of some the posters and can make the necessary decision whether to 'watch and monitor' or 'smash with ban hammer' (at the worst).

Anywho, something to mull over.

Cheers

Senutyenool > thanks for your excellent suggestion.

That is exactly what we'll probably have to do / change in a close future. We'll soon start an experiment.

But first, we'll soon release something BIG (https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=326301)

G'day again Julien.

No probs, just trying to help to get this forum moving forward.

Also, excellent news regards the other link, 2 thumbs up.

Cheers

Julien wrote:

Hi everyone,

ALAS!!! Freedom of SPEECH!!!

Julien wrote:

Julien

Mr. Julien,

I did not say the "mods" are lazy, or not busy; I said, they are overzealous; (or) don't understand, content, as to the intent of idea, or abstractness of what's being written; and then, as default; they delete post or close threads. I had inductively proposed this is true, because I don't factually know this as true, the part of whether they do or don't understand what's been written, but the deleting part is self evident. Since you brought up the subject of understanding, "no idea",  I'll elucidate. It's a bit of a stretch to assume "we" or simply me, would think that a working international blog, would not have "mods" who read and write in different languages. The job demands it, and because of the obvious concreteness of this idea, reasoning, I feel confident in saying this is deductively true.

At the very least you seem to tangentially agree; maybe we don't have "concordance" but there is clearly a large margin of agreement, otherwise, we wouldn't  be having this conversation.  The theme of the other post on this thread, is for all purposes of reading comprehension exactly the same as I've written above, though they did not include the more detailed language as I had chosen to do.

As to the overall functionality of the Expat.com, in my humble opinion it works quite well, and your team is doing commendable work. I enjoy the blog, I read it a lot, and I post on the site. Sometimes I'm a bit more analytical than some posters here. But I see clear value to the Expat way of life, in these threads, and I'm happy the information / value is readily accessible for others, myself, (all).

Thank You, and your Team for making it all possible.

Happy trails, happy travels,

Sincerely,

RR__

Still, what this thread has in common with "Filipino's who have a bad attitude when they marry a foreigner" ?  :unsure

If you read the first post you will understand.

Aaaaaa.... Cheers!  :cool: