Inquiry

Hello everyone

i have signed a contract to work in Bahrain, but how's the tax system works for expatriates if there is one ?
and another thing, could u plz provide me with a good website to find studio for rent. Thanks .

Hi crazytown,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Regarding accommodation I suggest you post an advert in the Properties for rent in Bahrain pls :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Hi crazytown. Welcome to the Bahrain Forum.

Expatriate employees in Bahrain pay 1% of their salaries to the government. These funds go to what is called the "Labour Fund" and is used by the government to promote employment among locals. :) There are no other direct taxes in Bahrain.

A good website to find apartments is: www.bahrainpropertyworld.com

Good luck with your move. Let us know if you have more questions.

Thx for the replies, actually yes, i have,

usually i rent home next to my work to avoid traffic,and invest more in time, this is what i did in UAE, And Qatar, so how about Bahrain, is there a traffic ?

and i want of course pre paid mobile line, but i have heard, there is three providers in Bahrain, which one is the best, i mean coverage wise, reputation, and maybe seniority.... ?

Traffic during office hours is a little bad. It is advisable to live close to your place of work. But once you settle down and have your driving license and maybe get a car, you may want to live in a quiet neighbourhood, even if it is a little away from your work place.

There are three providers of mobile services in Bahrain. Batelco, Zain and Viva.

Viva is the best in my view.  They have good packages. Batelco is the government's company and are also good. I avoid Zain. Have bad experience with them.

Thx a lot everyone for the answers.

You haven't said where in Bahrain you will be working. Once we know that we can advise better on property

I'll be working in Bahrain World trade center .......

If your place of work is at the Bahrain World Trade Centre (BWTC), then think of living in the Diplomatic area. Rents are a little higher than other areas, but you will save on travel time and costs. A friend of mine moved from Mahooz to Diplomatic area for this same reason and claims this is the best decision he has made. He walks to and from work :)