New to forum and heading to Belize

Hi Everyone, Jess and Cyndi here. We will be heading down to Belize the end of May 2014. We enjoy meeting other and are a very sociable couple. I enjoy snorkeling, boating/sailing, fishing and things that involve adventure. Cyndi enjoys cooking/baking so if you need to keep you figure you my want to keep your distance :P and gardening. She is not much for the outdoors except to say for out at the pool, going for walks and throwing parties inside and out. We are from various parts of the US but will be departing Las Vegas. As owners of EcoWorld Marketing we look forward to opening our international division of our company once down in Belize. We are thinking down towards Placencia area on the coast to settle in at. We have at this time no pets but I think that will change once we are settled in as we both love animals. With all the time spent looking on line at Belize the last 2 years I am amazed at what I still needing to learn about our move down. Look forward to meeting and enjoying this next part of our lives with those of you that have already taken the plunge.

there is too much to tell via a blog.  personal experience is expensive and sometimes painful, however their is no substitute. strongly suggest you rent for a year before you buy anything.   also, plz read all the other topics on this blog.   vicious crimes against persons and property are occurring.

Thank you for the advice kristinanadreau. We have planned on renting first, while we believe we want to be by Placencia, nothing is written in stone. when we find that perfect spot for us we will then move forward. It is a terrible thing that happened to the woman from Canada. Our thoughts go out to her family!

Jess 2 weeks ago there was a kidnapping, beating, theft of a Canadian couple in Placentia.  The thieves took the couples SUV and drove it North to a village near Corozal.   A "suspect" was apprehended there and taken to Belmopan.   This man was then transferred to Placentia.  the following day this suspect was discovered floating in the sea near Placentia.   When you are in Placentia you may wish to see what people are saying about these events. 

Belize is such a small country, 350,000 people, that when violence occurs it is noticed.  I have not reached any conclusions regarding these crimes. There was a purse snatching and other thefts recently.  So, plz take the ordinary precautions you would take when visiting a strange city in the USA when you come.  I am not trying to discourage anyone from coming here.  I only wish for all of us to be more cautious at this time.

I like Belize.  For the most part I like daily life here.  There is much to enjoy and see and learn.  Many interesting people to meet and enjoy.

Placencia is a nice area to consider, offering beach, sea, lagoon, views of jungle covered mtns and mainland close by.  Look at
www.placencia.com or google Placencia Breeze monthly paper for more info

Thanks for the info.

Hi Jess and Cyndi.

She is not much for the outdoors except to say for out at the pool, going for walks and throwing parties inside and out.
*She, may like San Pedro, with all it western attributes.

As owners of EcoWorld Marketing we look forward to opening our international division of our company once down in Belize.
*Not sure how being in Belize will benefit your online store.

We are thinking down towards Placencia area on the coast to settle in at.
*Please try to visit all areas.

We have at this time no pets but I think that will change once we are settled in as we both love animals.
*Get a BIG Dog

With all the time spent looking on line at Belize the last 2 years I am amazed at what I still needing to learn about our move down.
*You did say you liked adventure

Mcagun is speaking truth.   

you will need more than 1 big dog.  I wanted yearlings but puppies are what came to my door.   So I have a young pibble, who is enduring a 4 month old puppy who was left in the bushes in front of a restaurant, plus 2 6 week old brothers the owner wanted me to save.   They drive me  crazy.   However in  another 4 months, no one will ever climb my fence!!!!  The local dogs get to be good sized, 40 to 50 pounds when receiving proper vet care for parasites.   without this care they barely make 20 to 25 lbs. 

Belezans are frightened of snakes.   I tell all my neighbors that I am tolerant of snakes and am living peacefully with several.  LOL

I can give you a wealth of info/. Look me up when you come down. visit Hopkins for a few days. [email protected] is my email address.,
Tony