Hi ..need help on accomodation

Friends,

I am moving from Saudi to Oman. I am looking for a well maintained neat compound/community in muscat (with preferably Indians or western expats). Can i get in the budget of 800 - 1000 OMR per month.

Also I would like to know the cost of living in muscat...
1. Preferred bank in Oman which provides good customer service.
2. A good compound(locality) with daily trips to shopping malls
3. Can I change Saudi Driving license to Omani license..if yes..what are the documents required from Saudi to convert it.
4. Any suggestions on best insurance company.(as I have an option to demand it).

Kind regards
Subbu

Hi Subbu,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Please feel free to post an advert in the Flats for rent in Oman section, this might be helpful. Thank you! :)

Regards,

David.

Expat-blog team.

Hi hello how are you.im fatimah living in Sohar in Oman.is your request in your messeges is filled.?

Licence: I have heared  if we possess an Indian driving license, we do not need to undergo all the tests. I think there will be only the road test.

Please anyobody can clarify it..

Regards
Kaya

Dear Bro,

I have answered your questions based on my experiance, i am in oman since 2102, and i hope this will clear all your doubt, if you need more let me know.

I am moving from Saudi to Oman. I am looking for a well maintained neat compound/community in muscat (with preferably Indians or western expats).( (you will get it in Muscat, preferable locations are Al-ghobra, Al-khuwair or Darsait, you shall consider  schools nearby these locations before selecting your flat)
Can i get in the budget of 800 - 1000 OMR per month ((yes, it is very easy to accommodate within your budget, again it depends on individual.)

Also I would like to know the cost of living in muscat...
1. Preferred bank in Oman which provides good customer service. ( (Bank muscat, they are very good in service and more over you can find More ATM's )
2. A good compound(locality) with daily trips to shopping malls ( (Al-ghobra, Al-khuwair or Darsait)
3. Can I change Saudi Driving license to Omani license..if yes..what are the documents required from Saudi to convert it. ( yes, you should have the original license from Saudi, no more documents required, just take the original saudi licence to ROP office in seeb and convert you license to drive in oman, please take some omani/PRO with you, you should pay with your ATM card, cash is not accepted  )
4. Any suggestions on best insurance company.(as I have an option to demand it) ( National life & General)

Thanks
Sanath