Any Cork Information Technology professionals on this site?

Hello,

I am a .NET web application developer and my wife and I hope to relocate to Cork in the not-so-far future.

I was just hoping to hear from Cork I.T professionals and get an idea of what jobs are currently popular and what the overall job market is like in the I.T field. Really, any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

-Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I work with Make IT in Cork which is a regional branding project for IT companies in Cork through which we help professionals find jobs with top tech companies in the area (so 'technically' I am an IT professional although I'm sure there will be more qualified tech people answering your query soon :)

Software skills are hugely in demand in the area at the moment so I have no doubt that if you and your wife decide to make the move to Cork that you would very easily find a job here. Companies like EMC, Pilz and Amazon are always on the lookout for application developers.

You didn't mention where you are thinking of moving from but from your profile it looks like you are currently in the US - if you need a visa it is now very easy to get a 'tech visa' once you have been offered a job that is listed as 'highly skilled job' (most tech roles fall into this category) so the first step in this is applying for jobs and then your wife may qualify for a spouse visa.

As part of Make IT in Cork we help people with things from finding a job to finding accommodation and also finding your way around so if there is anything that I can help with please let me know. There is a guide to Cork on our website so if you want to get a feel for the area it might be worth taking a look at that!

I'd love to have a chat with you about relocating and would be happy to help with any questions you might have about Cork!

Siobhán

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Old thread from 2013 + drop an advert in the Jobs in Cork
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct