Cooking Ovens

Bluenz,
  I tell this to the American ladies when I'm home, they don't believe it. Now I take pictures of such things. They do this in Japan as well. probably in most Asian countries. Come to think of it in most countries I've lived in women get down and dirty.

bta87 wrote:

Bluenz,
  I tell this to the American ladies when I'm home, they don't believe it. Now I take pictures of such things. They do this in Japan as well. probably in most Asian countries. Come to think of it in most countries I've lived in women get down and dirty.

Nothing wrong with a woman getting down and dirty ah, oops, now we're getting way off subject, no wait, I was talking about her cleaning the oven.

bta87 wrote:

MIA,
   O.K. I apologize, now I know why you want the microwave, your Yin. Thanks THD. Why does the img show up as just a "?" now? Are the police on to you or what. And yes I did, and do understand the cultural differences in this regard…not enough plugin in a kitchen for a microwave! The question is did Yang get to much sun and just not think on the day they were doing the electrical or was it Yin fault. Id this akin to the men/women venus/mars thing?

Except MIA is American....hahaha...may or may not share the views of Asian culture.  She does have a Vietnamese mother, however.  But knowing MIA, she can take a joke (and can dish it out too), so you can lob anything her way.

bluenz wrote:

I often wonder what western women think, ( especially from the city ), when they first see VN women, out in the hot sun , mixing cement by hand, pushing around loaded wheelbarrow's, etc,  ( usually while the men are sitting around smoking  ), and of course they get paid a lot less than the men.

In that case, whoever is the woman's husband (if she has one) is a freeken looooooooser!  It happens but generally wives of men who do hard labor have dirtbags for husbands...since they can't even hold their place working outside to make enough money to support their family.  Men who are successful at this are elevated in society.  That's why this society is so big on appearances and money.

By "loooooooser" I'm just talking about the one's who "won't" not the one's who "can't".  There are cases where their husband is maimed or injured or cannot work so she can buy an oven (we're still on topic of ovens).  Then their wives have to go out to work (for money).  Those guys I have sympathy for.  But the ones that go out drinking and ignore their responsibilities FORCING their wives to go out and earn money are a total looooooooser.  Every society has these.

Yes THD MIA is a good sport about it. I only tease her. Especially when there are two boring news days in a row. We've been stuck on "Sugar" and Ovens" now forever. Now this is interesting cultural stuff. Where is MIA with her thread idea when we need her. MIA help, give us a new topic. My glucose intolerance level has peeked!:lol:

bluenz wrote:

( Still cost about 2mil , buy one in OZ for the same price now ).

U can get a decent one from Kmart or big W for $47! With a 12 months replacement warranty. Our one is nearly 5 years and still going.

bta87 wrote:

Yes THD MIA is a good sport about it. I only tease her. Especially when there are two boring news days in a row. We've been stuck on "Sugar" and Ovens" now forever. Now this is interesting cultural stuff. Where is MIA with her thread idea when we need her. MIA help, give us a new topic. My glucose intolerance level has peeked!:lol:

She's sleeping.  It's 3:39 AM in Florida.  Easy to just switch the AM with PM and vice versa for Florida and Việt Nam times.  We're on the opposite side of the Earth from each other.

http://currenttimefinder.com/USA/Florida/Miami

THD,
  Yes I realized that and was going to do a tongue in cheek comment about the old folks going to bed on us. But knowing her she will be up soon and offering her enjoyable commentary. She is the only one who sticks with us. Probably the only one who can tolerate us. That or she is equally bored.

Please restart another post on all your cultural stuff!  I started this thread on 'ovens' and Jerry kindly provided all relevant info. It's drifted to no mans land now. I plan to buy a Takada Infrared Oven on my next visit home. Anyone got any experience on this gadget, then contribute. Otherwise....