Any tips as to how I can publish my poetry

I am so glad to have found a poet such as myself. I have a collection of poems and I would like to publish them. Do you have any tips as to how I can publish my poetry?

It is not so easy to find a publisher who will publish poetry, unless you are well known. I have found that it is much easier to self-publish, and then submit your finished book as a e-book and upload it to Amazon.com in Kindle format. I have done this with my romantic, sensual poetry book, Come With Me. However, that being said, that is only one step toward getting your book sold. Unless you have a wonderful agent, after your book is published, you will need to do some serious marketing. This is not one of my strong points, and also why I don't sell many books. On the other hand, I am not concerned so much about the sales, so I don't work too hard at marketing either. Poetry is also not such a wonderful genre to market, since it takes a special person who enjoys reading it, and I have found that the poetry readers are few and far between. However, please don't allow me to throw a damper on your efforts. You may have a very different and more positive experience, and I hope you do, and wish you all the best as well.

Hi megerleb,

A new topic has been created as from your post on the Vienna forum.

Thank you,
Christine
Expat.com team

I am so delighted to get identified a new poet like me personally. We have a collection of verses and I would like to publish these. Do you have just about any points as to how i may distribute my own poetry?