Hello all, general information needed...

Hello all,
I would be in Vienna this April for a few days and will be needing some travel information if possible. I want to know the best way (costs and distance) to get from the west vienna train station to Rennweg where i would be lodging.
I have checked online but i'm not sure of the correct information provided which is why i decided to ask here.

Thank you!

Munyaradzi Joseph Bamu wrote:

There are train offices all over the airport. 2 buy the exit from arrivals. They will give you all the info you need in english

I am not to sure what you are talking about!!! Because there isn't.

bethangel wrote:

Hello all,
I would be in Vienna this April for a few days and will be needing some travel information if possible. I want to know the best way (costs and distance) to get from the west vienna train station to Rennweg where i would be lodging.
I have checked online but i'm not sure of the correct information provided which is why i decided to ask here.

Thank you!

Underground line U3 to Wien Mitte station then change to a southbound S-bahn train for one stop to Rennweg station.

Lots of train stations have ticket machines, but you are lucky these 2 stations that you will be going to or from have info desks, should you get lost.

Total price will cost you €4.40

Munyaradzi Joseph Bamu wrote:

I was there two days ago and there is an OEBB office just besides the arrivals

Firstly you said "There are train offices all over the airport" There isn't.

Secondly the poster never asked about the airport. They were asking about west vienna train station, which is "Wien Westbahnhof railway station".

By the way, I have lived in Austria over 6 years and take that route that they asks of at least once a week.

Have you logged onto Wiener Linien website, and planned your journey? Probably underground for speed, if you've not got too much luggage with you. You can buy travel with concessions tickets lasting either 3 or 5 days, which might be the most economical way to see the city. These are valid on underground, trams and busses. Later two are the best to view the street scenes of Vienna. Enjoy your stay!

hello Leute!

me and my husband plan to visit Vienna this coming May and this will be our first time visit to Vienna. From trip advisor i got to know that there are a few places are good to visit. For example, Kunsthistorisches Museum,Schoenbrunn Palace, St. Stephen's Cathedral (Stephansdom)...however,i just would like to know, other than those mentioned in trip advisor; as a local, which other places do you guys think we should not miss / must go for a visit?

Vienna is quite a big city, so which area should we be looking for a hotel? most likely we will be having the trip around the first week of May and it will be a 3D2N trip.

we appreciate your feedback and advices. :)

Thank you in advance!

Steph.J

Any hotel at or near an underground or tram station, so that you can move around the city with ease. You can buy a 3 day Vienna card from tourist information behind the Albertina museum, which gives you free transport and discounts into museums and attractions. The Riesenrad for wonderful views of the city. The revolving restaurant or cafe on the Telecommunications tower not far from UNO city. If you love Art Nouveau architecture, then there are prime examples of the central European style in Vienna, including Steinhof Kirche, Secession, and the church in the centre of the Central Friedhof/cemetry- direct tram available to here. The Belvedere for the portrait of the Kiss by Klimt which is deeply moving....and so much more. Central Cafe for a stunning ambience and excellent service. For real expert coffe making in front of you, the small cafe behind Ferstel Palace (half way down on left hand side when entered from Am Hof square). Enjoy!