Hi all, I need a website built?

I have started an(import)company here in Hoi An, under my VN friends name. After many months of paperwork, fancy stamps, bullshit and thieves.. All seems to be going well now.

My VN friend tells me that we need 'A company email address', to get a lower % VAT tax??? (I'm puzzled??)
That's not a big problem, as I have already registered a (.com) for the business. I just don't know how to organize, at least basic 'webmail', from our .com...

Any ideas or help, would be really appreciated. we don't need a full on website, just webmail for now.
Many thanks.

You don't even need a website. You need a mail server :) Set your mx records in you dns settings to point to your mailserver and job done.
If you just get a website built you still wont have email.

Hi Panadol

Give me a shout out in Da Nang...and i will fix it for you while we discuss randomly...am not sure when am coming to Hoi An..would have come around....all see how that works out

Hi there,
That would be awesome!! Let me know when you have some spare time.
I'd be more than happy to pay your return taxi fare(so we can have a beer and not worry about riding back to Da Nang).

Keep in touch
Panadol

Hi Panadol, I recommend you call my friend at 091.371.0530 (his website: Viplaptop.com) if you want to have a low website annual fee. It costs around vnd600.000-700.000/year for a website.

Cheers

Panadol wrote:

I have started an(import)company here in Hoi An, under my VN friends name. After many months of paperwork, fancy stamps, bullshit and thieves.. All seems to be going well now.

My VN friend tells me that we need 'A company email address', to get a lower % VAT tax??? (I'm puzzled??)
That's not a big problem, as I have already registered a (.com) for the business. I just don't know how to organize, at least basic 'webmail', from our .com...

Any ideas or help, would be really appreciated. we don't need a full on website, just webmail for now.
Many thanks.

Use "[email protected]" (or any other free email service providers) as your company email address without needing a website.

Hello Panadol..

PM your mobile number and where to address in Hoi An...i can ride down tomorrow or Sunday...

cheers

Hi THD,
I thought of that, but my friend tells me it has to be the registered company name...(I have no idea, why)
I have registered "danangsolar dot com"... I guess it would look a bit better.
Many thanks for the idea though.

laidbackfreak wrote:

You don't even need a website. You need a mail server :) Set your mx records in you dns settings to point to your mailserver and job done.
If you just get a website built you still wont have email.

Thanks LBF,
All that stuff is way above my head(records? the last record I bought was 'Slade Alive'..)
Sorry mate, I'd like to try and do it, but I just have no idea.
Take care.

Panadol wrote:

Hi THD,
I thought of that, but my friend tells me it has to be the registered company name...(I have no idea, why)
I have registered "danangsolar dot com"... I guess it would look a bit better.
Many thanks for the idea though.

I think you just solved your own problem.  I went to www.danangsolar.com and a squatter page popped up.  That means that the local website registration company went through the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers | ICANN and reserved "www.danangsolar.com".  Generally when a local website registration company takes your service, they give you a free email address...like:

[email protected]     

Use whatever freebie address as your company email address if the Vietnamese government won't accept "[email protected]" . 

I'll test that email address for you (the [email protected] one).

By the way, I find your friend's story very fishy about the Vietnamse government forcing an enterprise to have a web address in exchange for a VAT reduction in taxes.  Ask him/her to show the regulation or pinpoint it out to me and I'll read up on it.

Panadol wrote:

All that stuff is way above my head(records? the last record I bought was 'Slade Alive'..)
Sorry mate, I'd like to try and do it, but I just have no idea.
Take care.

No worries, even easier way, if all you want it email,  use google mail for business. It uses all their resources but with your domain name. Reasonably priced and saves a lot of agro :)

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

...Generally when a local website registration company takes your service, they give you a free email address...like:

[email protected]     

Use whatever freebie address as your company email address if the Vietnamese government won't accept "[email protected]" . 

I'll test that email address for you (the [email protected] one).

Okay, I probed your website, www.danangsolar.com and sent emails to the following addresses:
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I got instant email returns that said delivery failure to all except...

[email protected]

So it appears to be a valid email address.  The question is, who has access to that?  It's probably your web hosting firm that you registered your domain name with.  Anyhow, it's not important because you can just use that to register and get your VAT reduction.  I highly doubt the Vietnamese government will make contact with you through that email address anyhow.

ooo, since we're talking about taxes, I found something very useful for you when I was researching about the VAT reduction for companies that have an email address (still sounds fishy you can't just use a freebie email address like @yahoo.com or @gmail.com).

http://www.pwc.com/vn/en/publications/2 … k_2013.pdf

It's a "Vietnam Pocket Tax Book 2013" published by PwC, a consulting firm.  Very useful information on taxes and takes a good hour to digest.  I just ran to the VAT section starting on page 16, and it talks about 0%, 5%, 10% brackets.  Nothing about reducing the VAT if the company has an online presence. 

You're importing solar panels right? 

Under Exempted Goods and Services, there is a category that may fit solar panels.

Imports of machinery, equipment and materials which cannot be produced in Vietnam for direct use in  science research and technology development activities ;

Tran Hung Dao wrote:

I got instant email returns that said delivery failure to all except...

[email protected]

So it appears to be a valid email address.

Well, I just got a delayed message that said it was not deliverable so nix that idea.

Panadol wrote:

Huh... Where's that come from?!? I doubt that VN tax authority loves high-technology as this...

Thanks again THD,
And yep, that's a squatters page on my domain. I'll have to find a way to get rid of him..

aibiet150204, Thanks for your input.. And yes many are finding the 'business email address' can put you in a lower tax bracket, difficult to believe!!!
I asked my VN friend who told him that, and he said "the lady at the office"..... Now, which office is unclear to me. As my Vietnamese totally sux, and my VN friends English, could be described as 'Pigeon English' at best!! But we seem to work our way the communication barrier with most things.

Fortunately, simboy4real is going to pop in for a visit to Hoi An. And help sort my problem out.

Will let you know how it goes.... Also I'll find out more about the email address thing (Fact or Fiction!!)

Kind Regards