ARAMCO English teachers

Hey guys,

Just been offered a job position, through a sub-contractor, teaching English to ARAMCO employees. Based in Jeddah. Over $7000 a month salary (no accommodation though). 3 x two-week holidays and all flights (including holidays) paid for. Is it decent? I've got an MA in Linguistics and just wondering if I could find better positions. I'm a little worried about having no accommodation if/when I arrive there. Your opinions would be very much appreciated!

Hi kthek,
I'm working with a bunch of English language teachers providing instruction for the Saudi Airforce. I will ask them what their rate of pay is today, but I do know they are provided accommodation in their package. I will post back after work today and let you know.
Cheers, Andy.

Cheers Andybox, I'd be very grateful. I'd just like to have an idea of teaching salaries over there, in case the offer I got was below expectations. Also, if anyone had a similar experience of arriving in Jeddah without accommodation then it'd great to find out how they went about finding a place too. Many thanks in advance!

kthek wrote:

Hey guys,

Just been offered a job position, through a sub-contractor, teaching English to ARAMCO employees. Based in Jeddah. Over $7000 a month salary (no accommodation though). 3 x two-week holidays and all flights (including holidays) paid for. Is it decent? I've got an MA in Linguistics and just wondering if I could find better positions. I'm a little worried about having no accommodation if/when I arrive there. Your opinions would be very much appreciated!

7k USD is ample enough to get you by here any month of the year. If its any good? Depends on your level of education, experience and so on. However if you are being recruited via third-party you could negotiate it further. I dont know by how much.

Usually hotel is provided for a month to help you settle in. See if that is the case. Else you could book yourself a place in-advance.

G'luck!

Hello,

Few weeks ago, some of my teacher friends and I were discussing the same issue. They were saying that they were on SR12-16K/ Month+ accommodation + the regular benefits depending on their experience and educations among other criteria's.( they were westerner teachers).

NOW, the trick is with accommodation because some of them were in compounds that cost their companies per head SR130K/year, while others were sharing a flat that is costing their company SR25K/a year.

For accommodation, again two months ago, three of my Aussie friends who had moved from Bahrain and Dubai went thru hell to find the right accommodation here in Jeddah. Compounds were full and overpriced. My friends were looking for 2bed rooms luxuries western style apartments. We ended finding them what they want for SR63K, SR50K and SR42K.(different buildings and areas)
Now normal (Saudi style) 2bed rooms apartments in Jeddah are now for around SR25-35K a year.

As others said, usually companies will provide you with accommodations for the first month either in a hotel or in a serviced apartment (try to include this if it's not included already). Serviced apartment in Jeddah can cost anywhere between SR100-600 a day (depending on the location, style and season) with a big discount for weekly and monthly contracts.

Over $7000 a month salary (no accommodation though). 3 x two-week holidays and all flights (including holidays) paid for. Is it decent?

So... you will be earning more than 99.9% of expats in Saudi, and also more than 95+% of teachers in similar positions... what was your question again?

Hello,

I am an English Language and Literature Instructor.I am from Southern California and based in jeddah. I am currently working and an International school and I am looking for a teaching job withing Aramco Expatriate schools or company as an educational consultant or ELA/ESL instructor.

Hi Zena Mary,

Please note that this topic is very old (2013) and you may not receive a response.

For your search, i would advise you to contact the Aramco Expatriate school.
The Jobs in Jeddah section is also at your entire disposal, feel free to post your job search there. It is free of charge.

I am now closing this thread.

Thanks,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

[ Topic closed ]

Closed