Work and Family VISA process

I got a offer in Riyadh in Software Company as Senior Solution Developer, current status is that I have received the offer letter copy and sent all the required document to the company including passport copy of family. The recruiter told me that it will take 2 months time to get Visa processing done.

Can someone please tell me the process and time frames?
Will VISA issues in Saudi itself?
How it will be stamped on my passport in India?
How visas for family will be issued?
Can I travel alone first and after 1-2 months come back and get my family to Saudi?
Recruiter told me that there is no Tax on your salary but in the offer letter it is mentioned that all the benefits are subject to Tax deduction.Can you please tell if there is any tax deduction in Saudi?
I also heard that Original degree certificates and mark sheets will be attested by HRD department India and Saudi Embessy. Is it correct?

Its been 6 weeks, recruiter applied for VISA in Saudi and there is no update on it, whenever i call they say it is in process.

My current employer in Mumbai have notice period of 2 months as I have still not resigned as I am not aware of time frames etc. Also I heard that most of the time work VISA is rejected by Saudi government.In the offer letter it is mentioned that I need to join within 1 month of Visa stamping date, so what do you suggest me on this?

I have asked lots of question in my first post, kindly give some time and answer all my queries.

Thanks in Advance for your help.

The Hajj season is on so they are drastically busy. My gut says you'll get the visa within 3 weeks from now. If you are unlucky, expect it after 21 October when the Eid holidays comes to end.

The visa will be processed in saudi embassy in your country.

You'll have to come here alone, get your iqama issued (1-4 weeks) and apply for the family visa.

There are no taxes, it seems they have copied-pasted from some downloaded template and forgot to alter those lines :D

Hang in there and don't resign yet. Meanwhile, get your documents attested as you wrote above. As soon as you get the visa, feel free to ask them to start the notice period.

Hope this helps.

BTW, I hope you can verify your job title with your actual responsibilities !

there is very little "software development" scope in Saudi Arabia.
This is a buy COTS market where SI makes most money.

so just make sure all is OK !

thanks for your reply..
If visa will be issued in India , then what they have applied for in Saudi for which they said 8 weeks are required.

shafs_beit wrote:

thanks for your reply..
If visa will be issued in India , then what they have applied for in Saudi for which they said 8 weeks are required.

The Saudi Embassy in India issues the visa on your passport AFTER
they get an approval from the relevant departments in Saudi Arabia; this involves a whole lot of checks and paper work.

The last part is what takes 8 weeks or so. Since it is Hajj season those 8 weeks may get prolonged.

Dear All,

Sorry for putting my question in someone's thread, but I feel my question is relevant here.

The approval you mentioned in Saudi Arabia, which you state would take 8 weeks or so, would be provided to the candidate or it will be sent directly to local embassy in respective country.

Regards,

Someone please help

Anyone?

muhamadumair wrote:

Dear All,

Sorry for putting my question in someone's thread, but I feel my question is relevant here.

The approval you mentioned in Saudi Arabia, which you state would take 8 weeks or so, would be provided to the candidate or it will be sent directly to local embassy in respective country.

Regards,

Yes,

the approvals done in Riyadh are transmitted direct to the Embassy in Isl, who stamps the visa onto the passport.

Thanks you very much for the response. One more question to ask.

How many days ministry takes for sending visa to embassy after approval, further is there any option to check whether visa is approved or not.

Regards,

muhamadumair wrote:

Thanks you very much for the response. One more question to ask.

How many days ministry takes for sending visa to embassy after approval, further is there any option to check whether visa is approved or not.

Regards,

The ministry's system is online , and approvals are sent almost immediately.

What is slow is embassy, because it is overloaded.
Specially in Hajj days.

What about an option to check visa approval.

Regards,

Dear Friend,
Pla help me i got offer from Saudi company around 4 months back. After a 2 months wait they send attested offer letter and wamala/ visa copy. Now i completed certificate attestation, visa medical MOFA Number with me and waiting for last 15 days my travel agent says my company put me on hold for getting visa. Plz tell me how long it take to get Engineer Visa and how can i check my Status.

Hi Mates,

Thanks for your valuable information.
My saudi company has contacted local agent in Mumbai and agent contacted me and said that I need to do the attestation of my degree from Mantralay and before that need to verify the degree from university.
Can someone tell me what all the documents I need to do verification and attestation?and how? please help.

I am planing to go alone and later want to call my family there, so what document should I prepared in order to have speedy visa processing for them?

Hi Friend,
For Degree Certificate Attestation go with agents u do the process fast. The following Steps are
1.) HRD Attestation from ur home department / home seceratriat - time duration is university verification time + 5 days
2.) MEA Ministry of External Affairs - 1 day
3.) Saudi Cultural Attache - University Verification + 10 to 15 working days
4.) Saudi Embassy - 1 to 2 days
Note: Step 3 & 4 u must to do with Saudi Emb Approved Agents. U can find Approved Agents list in Embassy website or Google it.
University Verification to do for Step 1 & 3 if u start both at a time u can save a Huge Time bcz some Govt. univ takes more than a Month to respond for Verification Letter.
Fees for Step 1 - 4 may takes 6000 - 7000 from reputed agent some others charging heavily beware of them

When Saudi company ask local agent to do the visa processing then what are the task related to visa process done by agent and what task candidate suppose to do?
Also Do the candidate pay for medical,document attestations from various authorities or its on travel agent's responsibility to pay all visa related task as are hired by Saudi company to process visa?

For saudi VISA, you need a offer letter from your company here and an authorization letter for your agent who does your VISA process in india (Both letters should have chamber of commerce on it). As for the rules you can only do the processing of your VISA done is through a registered agent for saudi embassy in india. If your degree is already been attested by saudi embassy in delhi then you would get work visa in a week. The most important issue is degree attestation, it tool 2 months for me. Once you get your work visa you can travel to saudi and meanwhile you can do processing for your family visa. Overall, 1st Degree attestation would take 1-2 months and 2nd Work visa less than 7 days. I got my work VISA in this august. Need any more info do let me know.

Thanks for your valuable reply bro..
I got my  certificate verified from university and plannimg to go for hrd attestation tomorrow.
Somebody told me that dont go for attestation your self rather give it to agent else there will be complications. What do u suggest me?
Can u please ....if u can send me back side scan copy of your degree..just to know where exactly notary should be done and where hrd attestation stamp will be put?
Just back side ....it will be highly appreciated...
[email protected]

Dear Brother,
Why there is university verification in both step 1 and 3?and how can we do both parellely on one degree?
I have done step 1 and handover the document to agent for step 2,3 and 4.
He was it will take 21+14+5 days for the process from now.
Please give me more details..
Thanks in advance for your help.
Shafiullah

Dear Friends,

Even I am facing the same SItuation now, I have recieved the Offer Letter on 26th December, 2013 & my recruiter have applied for my visa, just wating from last 25 days, They have instructed me to resign my present job once after I recieve it...Please Help me that when could I expect my Visa to get approved...