Vacation tour to Phillipines

Am from Nigeia, I live in Abuja doing private business as school proprietor. I want to take a vacation tour to Phillipines for just 2 weeks in this September. But I will like to know which city in Phillipines is safe in terms of the storms that I hear ragging the country. I will also like to connect with a nigerian as a tour guard when I come. Pls can I be connected to any nigerian that can spare time for me? I am willing to pay for the obtainable charges. Thanks

There's never a 100% guarantee but if you go there outside of the typhoon season, which runs from June through November, you should be all right.
Also, the closer you get to the equator the less chance you have to encounter a typhoon.

Really?
My major concern is that I can't swim, hence I don't want to find myself struggling
In an unpleasant situation.
Thanks all the same.
But how can I connect with a Nigerian over there or possibly a tourist company that can provide me with a tour guard?

Chijioke wrote:

Really?
My major concern is that I can't swim, hence I don't want to find myself struggling
In an unpleasant situation.
Thanks all the same.
But how can I connect with a Nigerian over there or possibly a tourist company that can provide me with a tour guard?

The other poster is correct in that the farther south you get - the less chance of a typhoon. Problem is that now in the south there are Muslim rebels at war with the govt and you do NOT want to go or be there.
I would suggest the Subic Bay area for your two week stay. Yes it is subject to typhoons but hotels there would be a safe place to ride out any local typhoon. Lots to see and do in that area and is less than one hour from the nightlife of Angeles City...:)
In just my opinion, a tour or security guard would be a concern to your personal safety more than just going on your own. Just use common sense and don't wonder around at night.

there are many places in the south  0f philippines that are nowhere near the muslim rebels,chijioke  - i dont think there are many nigerian in philippines  and most likely not working as tour guide -you need to decide what island place you will visit first  and then find travel agency /tour guide there   -also dont think typhoon should be of much concern  -only for flights if you will travel to islands by plane    -so what are your interests?.

Thanks a lot for that information. Yes really need a tour guide or security as u may call it, especially when it is my first time traveling to the country. However, I tried to search for a tourist organization to subscribe for a tour guide but could not get any.
I may have to cancel the trip if am not able to locate one.
Regards!

Great! Am hoping to travel to Davao but I don't know if its located in the south or not. Pls can u help me with a traveling agency contacts there? So I can contact them and see if its safe to visit and also arrange with them for a tour guide.
Thanks