Visiting Buenos Aires late June to mid July 2010

Hi all,

I'm visiting Buenos Aires for the first time, from late June to mid July. I've already secured a good apartment to rent in the area near Av. Cordoba and Av. Leandro N. Alem (which I think is just south of the Retiro area).

I'm simply seeking advice on things to do, places to see, decent eateries, etc. in the area. Yes, I could look at a travel book about BA, but I prefer seasoned advice from people on the ground. I should also ask: do any U.S. folks do anything in BA for the 4th of July? :) I've traveled quite a bit and have enjoyed some fun 4th celebrations in various countries.

Also, I don't speak Spanish but I'm trying to brush up on what I have (I'm from so. Calif. originally). How easy is it to get by with little or no Spanish?

Thanks for any help!

Kate

Hey i just found out about this 4th of July Party in Buenos Aires.  It looks pretty cool, I think im going to check it out, it says it starts on Sunday at 4 pm.  Here is the link I found for the facebook event, it contains the details.

facebook.com/event.php?eid=128835310485073&ref=mf

Very cool, thanks Will for letting me know! I was still curious if anything might happen, so this is good to know. I'll be on day #3 of being post-op from a surgery, so I'm not sure how able I'll be, but if I can make it - I will. :) Thanks!

I host weekly get-togethers in Palermo Hollywood and monthly get togethers through my group Good Morning Buenos Aires and as Ambassador for Buenos Aires for InterNations.  I will be sure to post weekly listings of area events and anyone can write me at anytime for assistance with connecting with others here.

Including my own group, I am an officer with 5 different local organizations here and have a pretty good feel for what is happening around town.

Hi I am Flavia de Bs.As if you need Help write me [email protected]:)