Running a business in Cuenca

I am interesting in establishing a small hostel/restaurant in the Cuenca area....how difficult is it to get the necessary permits?  licenses?  permissions?  I assume that renting a property is simple enough....what else might I need to know?

You maybe surprised at the requirements you'll need to meet to obtain your permits. Have you obtained your Cedula and appropriate visa's to open this operation yet?
As for locating a building in the river area, again harder and more costly then you might imagine.
I'd try to find others who've already gone down this road and there is no shortage of hostels along the river who are long well established and negotiate your way through the details. Hopefully they'll be willing to discuss honestly the details you'll need to over come to get this open.
How's your funding? I'd have to say you'll need between $25,000 & 150,000 depending on a number of things to get this done.

Hello louisb333.

I have moved your message to the Cuenca Forum for more visibility.

Thanks and all the best.

Karen :)

Hi Louis,
Just came across your thread from half a year ago and was wondering whether you proceeded with your business idea and if so what was it like to obtain necessary permits...?
Cheers...

hotelesecuador.com.ec/downloads/Permisos%20y%20obligaciones.pdfale.weebly.com

Cheers
Chris