Working in an International school, reduces my childrens' fees?

My husband, 2 kids and I are planning the move to Bangkok for the school year beginning Aug 2014. I've just started the search for international schools for my then 6 year old and for a job for myself. We also have a boy who will be 3 by then.

I'd like to ask if anyone knows whether there are scholarships for your own child or subsidies in fees as part of a potential salary package.  Planning this move years ago, and knowing I needed to be well qualified for the good jobs, I finished my Master in Education in Applied Linguistics to add to my teaching degree - B.Arts in Educ (prim). My husband and I also speak Thai and he is in marketing of education.  I am hoping that this, plus experience in ESL, EFL teaching and school management are what schools look for in sought after staff.  If I – or we - are sought after, are we able to get a good deal on our childrens' fees?

Does anyone know how salary packages work? Should I apply for top schools and then send them to one that is more affordable or can I hope for reduced fees if a suitable position arises for both my children and I?

I know some of the international schools provide free tuition if parent works at school.

Link below is dedicated to teaching in Thailand so it may help answer your question.

ajarn.com/

Hi Straydog,

(Love the username and pic by the way...)

Thanks for the info.  I'm starting to get a bigger picture and a bit more of an idea now.

Now just have to brush up on that rusty Thai...

Cheers,
SanookMum