Issues with both the CAQ and the Study Permit

Hi everybody!

I don't know if any of you already know it but due to a strike there are huge delays in the CAQ and Study Permit issuance.
Because of these events I might not be able to start studying at my university in September and I'm really affected by these news.
I already sent some emails to ask my university for more informations but they haven't replied yet, or are as uninformed as I am.

I would like to have a clear answer. If I got it right, the CAQ and the Study Permit are identicals but from two differents authorities (Canada and Québec). If I don't have them in time, or if I only have one, is it possible for me to fly to Canada and start studying as long as I provide them in a given time frame? I've read somewhere that I can give them to the university until three weks after the beginning of the courses, does anyone has legal knowledge about this?

I would be coming from France and the country is open to me without any visa as long as I stay less than 6 months, can I start studying and taking care of everything there?

Please give me some informations, I don't have any clue of what I'm going to do, I don't want to start in January.

Thank you in advance for your time and your help!

I don't know about study, but I was in a similar situation with work:

It would have been legal for me to enter the country AS A TOURIST during the processing period, but I thought I would have had a hard time convincing the Immigration Officer at the border I won't work (in your case: you won't study) until the papers arrive...

Better ask around before booking your ticket!

Thank you for your help. I will call Montréal's airport tomorrow and ask about my situation and if I can enter the territory without my study permit.
The big issue here is missing the courses, I really don't want to start in January and I don't want to miss one month worth of courses either.
Thank you again, I'm waiting for more pieces of advice!