Ho Chi Minh City Novice ...

Hi,

I am considering an opportunity to move to Vietnam from the UK with work and would appreciate any thoughts, tips, recommendations or overviews to life in Ho Chi Minh City.

I have experience of travelling & working overseas but mainly in Europe and the America's and Vietnam is totally unknown to me

Trying to get an idea of what I could/should expect from life in Ho Chi Minh City

Thanks!!!

Hi bueller1961,

Welcome to expat-blog!

I suggest you to go through the Ho Chi Minh City forum, you can help you learn more. :)

Regards,

David.

I am quite sure there are Vietnamese communities in England and France.  If you haven't been there, go check them out.  At best, conditions in Vietnam will be similar.  Worst...  It will be something like Nightmare on Elm Street.  Generally, it is something in between, but a lot different than what you have been accustomed to.

Life in Asia is totally different to Europe and the Americas (Does this include South America?) and it has a way of getting under your skin. You will either love it or hate it and some days both at the same time :D
I moved here form the UK, but had worked elsewhere in Asia before, for me I find the place intoxicating, it's still developing in many ways and depending on your work this can be frustrating or an extremely fun challenge.
If your company is moving you here, would I do it? Yes, but if I had kids, family etc. I'd want more information, but having been here a while I'd still say yes.

find job before u go vietnam, u ensure that u get job before u go vietnam, if not, it is so bad