Searching for expat friends in jakarta

Hi guys...
Im naz , indonesian girls...
I like to have friends around world...
I want to have expat friends (male or female)
Mayb we can hangout together...
:D
FYI, i stay in jakarta

Try Jaksa, in your other post, you said its crowded. Lots of expats in there, or join couch surfing. You will definitely meet more expats through that route.

Yesss... but i feel not comfort in jalan jaksa... hahha
Do u know another place which is more safe?

hi
I'm new in Jakarta
how about we meet somewhere?

Kemang, is good. Lots of bars and restaurants. Murphys, Eastern Promise etc. Or Cazbar at Oakwood or The bars around the Epicentrum which are also nice and friendly. It depends where you are living in the city.

nazhira wrote:

Yesss... but i feel not comfort in jalan jaksa... hahha
Do u know another place which is more safe?

explain about "safe"

there are not living dead creatures hang around in jalan jaksa..
i haven't found any vampires..
or banshees
or trolls

well...

-b-

lukereg wrote:

Kemang, is good. Lots of bars and restaurants. Murphys, Eastern Promise etc. Or Cazbar at Oakwood or The bars around the Epicentrum which are also nice and friendly. It depends where you are living in the city.

i like EP...
cazbar is not at oakwood..maybe you were talking about Loewy, Luke...
but is it still in Mega Kuningan Area

which one is safer for her?

Oakwood is next door to it. You can walk there. Cazbar I guess is better. But then I think Aphrodites is better.

i think KFC is better

If you want to meet bules, bars are better. Cazbar has lots of friendly bules, they say.. been there only once, place is overcrowded.

Cazbar in Mega Kuningan,
Aphrodite in Epicentrum,
Loewy in Oakwood Mega Kuningan,
Eastern Promise in Kemang,
Beer Garden in Kemang

Those are the places where my bule friends took me to because they think its nice. And i agree with them :)

sherlylim wrote:

Cazbar in Mega Kuningan,
Aphrodite in Epicentrum,
Beer Garden in Kemang

Those are the places where my bule friends took me to because they think its nice. And i agree with them :)

wanna add some

murphy's in kemang
Eastern Promise in Kemang (my favorite)

try 'em all

and grab the bules...LOL

lukereg wrote:

...or join couch surfing....

Oh there are CSers in Indonesia as well? :o
I've thought that CS is not very popular except Europe and America..at least according to the world map of CSers.

Dworza wrote:
lukereg wrote:

...or join couch surfing....

Oh there are CSers in Indonesia as well? :o
I've thought that CS is not very popular except Europe and America..at least according to the world map of CSers.

i join CS

are you also, Dworza?

Huge Couch surfing community in Indonesia but beware of the honey traps that some of the girls / men offer. A teacher of mine went to some of the organised events and was stunned by the amount of girls inviting the men back for the night and just getting drunk with them and so stopped attending. Saying that there are lots of genuine offers from CS community through out the country as well.

aabie ryan wrote:

i join CS

are you also, Dworza?

Yep, I'm a proud couchsurfer :]
I've hitchhiked with my gf through whole Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and back to the Czech Republic. We've been sleeping at other couchsurfers' and I'm still in touch with some of them and we are good friends :)

I also host quite frequently some foreigners in my flat in Prague, because I live in a quite big flat just 5 minutes by walk far from the historical town centre :)

lukereg wrote:

Huge Couch surfing community in Indonesia but beware of the honey traps that some of the girls / men offer...

Yeah..but it works like that here as well.. Some couches can be a bit risky and it might turn from couchsurfing to bitchsurfing x-)

Hi nazhira,

If you're interested in arts & culture, cultural events at Goethe institute (Sam ratulangi, menteng), IFI (French, Salemba) or Erasmus (kuningan) could also be a place to meet people- foreigners and locals alike- and have good discussions/conversations if your interests match :)

Goethe often have foreign/art movies playing every friday and some jazz concerts and documentaries, IFI and Erasmus often hold festivals such as cinema, theatre and music throughout the years, every year. Just some more options for those interested.  ;)

sherlylim wrote:

Cazbar in Mega Kuningan,
Aphrodite in Epicentrum,
Beer Garden in Kemang

thank for info. i will go thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee soon..lol

What about Indonesian friends aswell? :-)

Sophie Fisher wrote:

What about Indonesian friends aswell? :-)

I love all my Indonesian friends!! :D

Friends are friends...they are always special..no matter the origins...

But the attitude..

aabie ryan wrote:

But the attitude..

INDEED :)

aabie ryan wrote:

But the attitude..

Thats what Im trying to point out here ;)
Unless you are looking for friends who can help you practice your English... but then again, foreigners are not only from English speaking countries and there are many Indonesians who speaks good English.

So, my question is ; why "especially foreigners" ? :D

Because the primitive thoughts of most girls (sorry,I said that primitive..cuz indeed it is..lol)
Having bule or foreigners as their friend make them feel so proud..
"Oyeeaaaa..I have bule friends...let's act like them"
And most of what I saw, the indo girls act like they own the bule's culture..
And maybe they think,only bule they can have fun with..(If you say,have sex with...well...that's easier..lol) in fact..local friends can be fun as well..remember..you guys share same jokes in same language!!
And they also say..it will be cute if I marry a bule,and have bule baby...
(Are you sure?? He he he...)

Well like I said...

Friends are friends...

By the way..it's only my shallow thoughts..sorry for the improper words..

Thanks for sharing the thoughts Aabie! :D
And yes, I agree , friends are friends :-)

But I also want to hear from Nazhira herself. Its an interesting subject :D:D

Well since today is saturday..maybe she just got home from one of those places that Sher mentioned above...

Lol

Kidding,gal...

@ aabie : well said gurl...
@ sophie : are u in shanghai now? What ashame... when I was in china u were in indonesia ,now im in indonesia u are there.
when will u back in town?

You girls just becareful with the men. Not all men want to sit about and chat rather they are on the prowl for happy endings and they know how to get it from Indonesian women and the women end up hurt.  Just saying

I'm with Luke about this..

Better meet new people in group..

(At KFC.....lol)

ochie wrote:

@ sophie : are u in shanghai now? What ashame... when I was in china u were in indonesia ,now im in indonesia u are there.
when will u back in town?

Yes, I am! My BB isnt working so cant text you! Lol
I will be back end of the month though, so we can meet then :D

Most of my friends said that the perks of hanging out with bule is that they dont judge you and you can be yourself. And in my experiences, woman who said this usually is the one who draws the judgment upon themselves, if you know what i mean.

Other reasons such as sex or money or having cute bule baby or learning their languages are just too shallow for me. Friendship means so much more than that.

Anyway, just saying :)

I have many Indo friends who are not judgemental at all. Its really not the nationality, but the individual. The education ( school and home) the environment, social life. They all influence you since the day you are born.

I think the Indonesians need more education on this :-)

Hello folks ; I am Martha from Indonesia ; i jst register to this site ; my bule friend recomend this site ;) m Keep me update if there are an event here ; I like to meet a new ppl ;) i also join cs gathering in weekday ; so anybody can join annd come into cs gathering every wed and friday ;)
Meet a new ppl there and share an experience while travelling ; count me in if thereare an event ;  i would love to join ;) have a nice day ! Proost
Martha

To judge or not to judge...

Is not about your nationality,origin, or whatsoever..

To judge or not to judge,
Is people's free will to decide what will happen to them next..

--well..I'm just a baby...what should I say?--

Cheriza2203 wrote:

Hello folks ; I am Martha from Indonesia ; i jst register to this site ; my bule friend recomend this site ;) m Keep me update if there are an event here ; I like to meet a new ppl ;) i also join cs gathering in weekday ; so anybody can join annd come into cs gathering every wed and friday ;)
Meet a new ppl there and share an experience while travelling ; count me in if thereare an event ;  i would love to join ;) have a nice day ! Proost
Martha

Welcome to Expat-Blog, Martha!

Nice to see you here... :/:P

Icha .... hahahha finally we meet again here ;)

Cheriza2203 wrote:

Martha

Welcome to Expat.com, Martha! :)

sherlylim wrote:
Cheriza2203 wrote:

Martha

Welcome to Expat.com, Martha! :)

Thank you ;)

GO TO " SATU LAGI " BAR

aabie ryan wrote:

I'm with Luke about this..

Better meet new people in group..

(At KFC.....lol)

Excellent advice.
After all, you could meet someone like me.