U.S. Social Security Benefits "restricted" if you live in VN?

Is there any validity to what I read on another forum that Vietnam is a "Restricted" country and if you live in VN you can not collect your SS benefits. This would be news to me. My SS is deposited in a U.S. bank. I've always been under the understanding you can draw your SS benefits anywhere. I realize you can't use Medicare.

Hmmm! Just did some checking on the SSA Gov site  "secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/0302650040. It seems that there are special provision for Vietnam and a handful of other countries. With the exception of N Korea, and Cuba it seems due to the fact these countries will not report vital statistics data to the U.S. However, they do allow you to continue to receive your benefits if you report to a Foreign Service Post (FSP) MONTHLY. They verify your who you are suppose to be and your alive and report this to SSA. Perhaps the operative word in the rule is that you LIVE in VN.
If we are just here on some sort of tourist visa e.g C1,B1, or VEC, are we Living in Vietnam or simply visiting.?
Does anyone have experience with this? If so where are the FSP's located. I would assume HCMC
would have one connected to the Embassy. That would mean if you lived in Da Lat you have to make a trip to HCMC every month?

Greetings, a friend of mine had his debit card restricted where he can only go inside a bank to get his money.  He has a card for those without a bank account that SS deposits to.  They told him it was to verify that he was the one using the card.  2 years prior he was always able yo use atm.  I have 3 bank accounts and I use a different one each month, plus I travel to cambodia and laos alot.  No problems for me.  My friend told me there is a push to get people yo report to the embassy monthly.  That is all I know.