Want some one working in Denmark in the Software Industry

Hi,
I am Satish from India, Working as software employee since more than 3 years.  I am planning to move Denmark. I would need your help in getting some real information from who is already working there in Denmark on following points:

1. How are IT jobs (JAVA Jobs) in Denmark.
2. Do we get jobs for only English speaking IT employees there in Denmark.

Appreciate your help. Please do needful.

Thanks,
Satish Meka

Hi Satish !

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

It will be 3 years I am in Denmark and cannot find a job. Surely you need to learn Danish and be able to speak and understand it if you wish to work....unless ofcourse you can work for an Indian IT company for ex establish n Denmark but for the most Danish is required.

Good luck

Saloni

Hello Satish,

I would say there are opportunities for English speaking people. But if you are not specialized enough or don't have enough experience then you will need to at least speak danish to integrate a danish company. Otherwise you could try up international companies, they put a lot of vacancies on websites such are linkedin.

Best of luck

Jean-François

Is that so? I have not seen any jobs on LinkedIn for those who have no certificates or specialization,only experience. International Companies? Please can you send the link? Thanks in advance.

Saloni

Yes, the point was that from what I found out was most of the "international" openings was because they didn't find anyone in Denmark to fulfill the position. Thus they open the recruitment to nearly anywhere else. Also if you have no certificates that's another issue, most countries in Europe(maybe not in UK) will not process your application if you don't have at least a Bachelor or even some require at least a Master Degree.

I don't have any precise link here, I searched on LinkedIn for IT position in Denmark and got couple of result where the job description was in English which would mean that's is more than possible that they open it up to English speakers.

Sometimes experience is of great value and can be compared with certificates. It is the end result that counts. Someone with experience can obtain more results on the field than someone with many certificates...i.e depending on the sector ofcourse....This is my thought and I hope to meet with some Boss who can think that way too and give a chance to..............

Many thanks for the reply,it was much appreciated...

Saloni

SaloniRU wrote:

Is that so? I have not seen any jobs on LinkedIn for those who have no certificates or specialization,only experience. International Companies? Please can you send the link? Thanks in advance.

Saloni

Saloni,

I gave you advice following your post on this thread here. There is advice regarding LinkedIn as well - I hope that you read this as although you posted in the thread after my reply, there was no acknowledgement of my post so I want to be sure that you have read it. By the way, my Bachelors is not in marketing, but I have seven years of experience which is what got me the job. So I would not worry about that. But you need to really use LinkedIn to the fullest. As I say to nearly everyone on this board, it is incredibly tough to get a job and has been for a while.

To the original poster,

There are a lot of international companies around or in Copenhagen but like I said in my post, it is not a flourishing job market at the moment. A lot of Danes are also unemployed as well as expats. If you read the advice I gave in the link above this may help you. You MUST research and network as much as you can. It is not just a question of applying for jobs on job websites and looking at the job section on LinkedIn. You need to be creative. Start by looking up software companies based in Denmark using the LinkedIn search function and start a list. Look up the website, research the company and contact their HR department (or relevant person). The job hunt in itself is a full time job at the moment.