Looking for Happy fun people!!!

Hey,a year in Saigon and haven't made friends really. Not been too keen on making friends online (lame+scary)but am willing to give it a go now! SO u guys there, who are fun funny, fun loving am willing to meet up, but please no one below 27 yrs and only if u can manage a decent conversation in English
or maybe Broken English is also acceptable:)

Hello ayearinsaigon.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Aurélie

Why don't you try going to an 'Internations' event--they are held once a month, there's one tomorrow night beginning at 6:30.  Go to internations.com and register. It does cost 220,000. but there is a free drink and food.  all the people there live here in HCMC, of various ages and countries, versus the traveling, transient crowd outside my hotel on bui vien.  duane

Hi Duane,
Great idea. I'm arriving to Ho Chi Minh city on June 29 from California and would love to make some friends.

A link or address please.

Thank you very much.

Kevin

Hi,
I also wanna make friends with some expats who are living in Hochiminh city.

I studied abroad before so I think my English is not too bad :)

Hi Winnie,
That's great.

Let's meet upon my arrival.

BR
Kevin

Sure, jst message me when you arrive HCMC

Hi there,

I'm just curious about your weird request. Why do you want to make friends with people not below 27yrs??? :rolleyes

JD

yeah im also curious about ur request..'not below 27 yrs'? why? :p

ayearinsaigon wrote:

Hey,a year in Saigon and haven't made friends really. Not been too keen on making friends online (lame+scary)but am willing to give it a go now! SO u guys there, who are fun funny, fun loving am willing to meet up, but please no one below 27 yrs and only if u can manage a decent conversation in English
or maybe Broken English is also acceptable:)

I probably would guess that you only want to converse with people 27 years old and above would imply to maturity level of a person. I was just curious to why you chose such number 27 as a preference to befriend with. Why not 24, 25 etc... I don't think maturity has any direct linked to age. I know lots of people who are over the ages of thirties still acted like a little kid. I could be wrong with my speculation on your side, or it may be something else?

Tom

Generally as you get older you mature, most people do, some dont.. Its the same when dating , people have an age preference, its their choice, same as the OP has a preference.

colinoscapee wrote:

Generally as you get older you mature, most people do, some dont.. Its the same when dating , people have an age preference, its their choice, same as the OP has a preference.

My experience only, women under 30 looking for marriage.  Over 30 more interested in friendship, conversation and being an activity partner(no sex included as prelude to marriage).  They are confident, have their own life and looking to share and not be your life. Just my experience.

I think I read somewhere the average age now in Viet Nam for a woman getting married is going up each year.

Is the preferred age means a start from lucky number?:D
2+7=9 :D

Lucky, this,lucky that everything is lucky.

I said to a guy I knew fairly well, who worked at a swimming pool about his lucky hair, you know the hair they let grow out of moles on their faces. I asked him why he persisted on letting it grow, he said it was lucky, I then replied, you ride an old bicycle and are very poor, its not working. I see him the next week and he had cut it off, he must of realised that riding and old bicycle is not overly lucky.

colinoscapee wrote:

Lucky, this,lucky that everything is lucky.

I said to a guy I knew fairly well, who worked at a swimming pool about his lucky hair, you know the hair they let grow out of moles on their faces. I asked him why he persisted on letting it grow, he said it was lucky, I then replied, you ride an old bicycle and are very poor, its not working. I see him the next week and he had cut it off, he must of realised that riding and old bicycle is not overly lucky.

Don't you see he is an Indian. We grown up by eating superstitions!:lol:
Here in Vietnam also can see that! If you familiar with diamond industry, here 3.6mm, 4.5mm,5.4mm,6.3mm diamonds are popular and high price! They belief it as lucky. When I made ring just cared about cost only:D

Yes, understand, just found it funny with all the lucky,lucky,yet so much poverty.I didnt know that about diamonds. I had to get the pagoda to give us the lucky day to open my shop, I should of went back to the pagoda after I sold the business and told them that their lucky day didnt work.

Hi :)