Salary in Prague

Hi,

I have been offered a finance job with multinational company in Prague for 55.000 Czech Koruna gross pay and wanted to know whether this is a good salary to live comfortably for a family of two. Will I be able to also save a little in case my family has frugal lifestyle. In general, I could not find much information under the cost of living section. Any help to make a decision is much appreciated.
Many thanks.
Cheers.

Hi Mountain Violet,

Yes they salary you have been offered is very decent even for Prague (the average salary in prague is about 34,000 CZK (that's about 1,400 EUR per month/ or some 2,000 USD ) - i have a couple of friends (a young couple with a child making 65k combined income or so ... and they definitely dont struggle.  Accommodation is the most expensive thing but you can find a recently-built new 3 bedroom flat + a kitchen for about 15,000 - 20,000 CZK outside centre of course. Transport is heavily subsidized by the gov't so it's cheap. Health Care is free for legal residents and EU nationals. Food is still a bit cheaper than further west of Czech republic. Electronics - same price as elsewhere. Cars - a bit cheaper (since they make them over there !) Get your wife to have a job too and you'll be saving at least a half.

Lived in Czech republic for 12 years !

Check wikipedia for more info about the country unless you have been there already.

Many thanks, this is very useful. I also managed to negotiate 60.000CZK or 5K CZK extra, which should be fine for a family of two. Plus my husband will also be able to find something. Kind Regards...MV

oh you happen to be a woman? my apologies for assuming you were a man , haha . Please excuse my ignorance ;P congrats, 60k is very nice. Enjoy living in Europe.

No probs, thanks for the useful info, it would have been peculiar for a man to have that login name anyways...:)

Take in notice, that average salary in the Czech Republic is cca 20 000Kc, so salary about 55 000Kc is really nice ;)

It's been a couple years, but curious as to how you're doing out there? I'm considering moving and just making sure the salary was good for you and still is.

Thanks!

Elizabeth

Hello Elizabeth > i would like to inform you that this topic is inactive since 2013. I would invite you to start a new topic with your question about your project on the Prague forum. Thank you.