Winter in Bali for studying and ...recovering...

Hi to everybody!

I want to move to Bali for a few months in winter, January to the end of March. I am working in Canada but I will also start studying Marine Biology this year.

Do I need any particular visa to live there for 3 months a year?

Do you have any suggestion of some very nice accommodation (houses with pool near the ocean)?

How much does life cost a month in Euros?

Thank you so much for your help ad see you there! :)

Emma

hello

Hi

Visa on arrival is for 30 days and you can renew it. I'm not sure for how long, but I'm sure you will get answers from other members.

As for accomodation, it depends on your budget. But you can take a look here www.baliwall.com to get the idea.
Hope you'll enjoy your stay :-)

Annie

Hi Emma,

As Annie mentioned, the VOA, (visa on arrival) is good for 30 days and it is renewable here in Bali at any of the three immigrations offices for another 30 days making your entire stay 60 days before having to leave Indonesia.

The best option for you would be to apply for a 60 day visit visa called the B211 visa which is also extendable at immigration for up to 4 times, each time being good for an additional 30 days meaning you would only need to extend it once here in Bali for a total 90 day stay.

You would apply for the B211 60 day visit visa at the Indonesian Consulate or Embassy closest to where you live in Canada.  Just Google: Indonesian Consulates Canada.

Given your interest in marine biology you might consider the Amed area on the east coast of Bali.  There is great diving and snorkeling there…some of the best in Bali. 

You will be here during our rainy season, but fret not as most days that only means an hour or so of heavy rain, and usually that comes in the late afternoons or evening.

Enjoy your stay!

Hi Annie,
thank you for the answer.. Can`t wait to be there!

Emma

Hi!
Thank you for the information...really appreciate that!

I also wanted to stay there the coming November> what do you say about the weather then?

Have a nice week,
Emma