Hello, Greetings From Bali...

Hi everybody...

My name is Dini, i am newbie in expat-blog.com...
Currently i live in Bali..My English is not to good, but i will try my best to make a good communication with all new friends here...

Kind Regards,
Dini Eka Fs

Hi Dini,
I'll be in Bali for travel in 26 March :)
what do you do there?

Welcome on Expat.com Dini Eka Fs :D

Hi Imkim,
Wow..you will be in Bali on my Birthday...!!! :D
Please tell me if there is something i can do to help you in your trip plan to Bali, ok...

Thank you Yud, it's glad to be a part of this site... :)

Imkim,

I am a mother with two daughters, how about you ?

I was worked in Travel Agent in Bali, but now i choose to work from home so i can get close to my children...

I have many friends in travel agent, perhaps i can help you in case you need to book a hotel or tour package, please don't be hesitate to contact me..i will try my best to help you.. :)

Hi Deeautumn,

It's my Bday too. I go there to celebrate my birthday.
I'm still single, no kids. But I work in a big hospital with full of newborn babies ^^

I booked hotel and will book tour from an agent online, airasia.
I think the price is good there.

I think we can celebrate Bday together :D

Kim

Wooooowwww...it is really a surprise, what a beautiful coincidence..!!! If only you could see my big grin right now, hahaha... :D

Yes, you were right, airasia give a great deals, you can also try agoda.com for hotel booking, they are giving fantastic price you could never imagine..! you can try it someday..

You have a good occupation, working in a hospital need a patience, i can see it from your pictures that you are a nice person.. :)

Hope can see you in Bali, Imkim..

Hi Dee,

Are you local resident?
I feel so eager for this trip as I just find a person that I can visit :-)
How old are your children?
I think you are older than me.May I call you "sister Dee"?
I will stay in Jalan. Petitenget Kerobokan Seminyak.
Is it a nice place and near everything?
I booked on booking.com. They dont charge me anything.
They just get the credit card info for reference.
I can pay at the hotel.
Agoda is goot as well but they charge immediately and they will charge the cancelation fee.
I have just been bach from Singapore. I book for 4 nights in booking.com. however, my work finished sooner than I expected. So, I left earlier and booking.com allowed me to pay only 3 nights.
How great it is. I can't do that with agoda.

Hi Imkim

Make sure when you get to airport you get a taxi at the taxi booking stand. There are set prices. You pay them, they give you a ticket, and then a driver will appear and take you where you want to go. No need to pay more (unless you want to tip). I only tell you this because my friends just got ripped off by alot by not using the booking stand at airport.

Seems it's everyone's birthday end of March. Mine also :)

So have a great trip here. It's a wonderful, very different destination.

Regards,

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

Thanks so much for your tips.
I just think.Why dont we have a birthday celebration in Bali for 3 of us or more (if we can find more people have bday in March).
Ofcourse if you dont mind.
I just think It's really amazing if I can enjoy my birthday with friends from other culture. Dont you think?
What are you doing at Bali?

Same date of birth, but different destiny and life. Interesting!

Regards,

Kim

Hi Imkim, how are you ?

Hi Mitch, thanks for the suggest to Imkim...It's really kind of you.. :)

Imkim, Petitenget is a good area to stay, not to crowded as Kuta, but not to quiet as Ubud...There are many shops, cafe and entertainment places over there..You will enjoy it...
It is not far from Kuta and Denpasar area...

I live in Denpasar for about 10 years, but my homeland is in Yogyakarta, have you ever heard and visit this city ?  It's one of a culture city in Indonesia which led by a king named Sri Sultan Hamengkubuwono...

Well, looks like you have much more experience with the hotel booking than mine Imkim, hehe.. I've never travel abroad before...

Hi Mitch, is "Sanur"  is your real name, or you live in Sanur area in Bali ? :D

Nice to know that three of us have the same birthday month...
You have a great idea Imkim, to celebrate our birthday together...Let's see later.. 

You can call me anything Imkim, even my junior school friends called me "Dino or Dinosaur"...can you imagine that...!!! :lol:

Ooohh..i love expat-blog.com.. :)

Hi sis Dee,

I just creat a new thread mentioning about a birthday party for anyone who has birthday in March in Bali.
Will you jooin with me?
Can you suggest a nice live music bar for me?
In case there is no one wants to join, I will go there to have dinner or some drink with my friends.
Thanks
Kim

HI Dee and Imkin,

Nice replies :)

And nope .... name isn't 'Sanur'. I just thought it was an easy way to let people know my name and where I was living. Actually, since I joined the blog a couple of years ago, I have moved closer Padang Galek. Much quieter but still close to Sanur.

Dee is right Petitinget is nice but I think expensive? Not sure what your budget is like Imkin, but you can get a reasonable homestay in Sanur for 200 - 300K IDR a night. Of course, Denpasar is even cheaper. I would advise not bothering to book any tours. You will pay more and probably be taken to 'organised' shopping. I know of a reliable guy here who my friends have used before. He will take you anywhere you want in your own air-con car. For 500.000 a day (just over $50), you get the car, the petrol, him and a full day's touring. Just an option I thought I would mention.

AS far as live music places. I don't get out very much :) But .... I have been before to a bar in Seminyak with live band. The band was top quality. Bar is called 'Obsessions'. Let me know closer to time what your plans are and I will attempt to fit in. Take care and enjoy while you're doing it :)

Mitch

hallo all i am also will in bali on 23-28 march iam go alone from java can i join your party?imkim are u come alone or with your friend?i will stay in doublesix near seminyak too so invite me pls to your birthday party hehehe it would be nice to meet you all.imkim are u on FB add my FB at [email protected] so we can talk then..thx

Hi Mitch and Dee,

I have to change hotel.
My bf doesnt like the are I chose.
He wants somewhere nearer to airport and tourist zone.
Do you have any recommendation?

Thanks Mitch for your suggestion. I will inform you when I need your friend's help.
Kim