Number of expats living in Bali?

Hi there, I am considering moving to Bali with my Indonesian wife. I have recently arrived in Blitar, and live with her family.
Can someone please suggest approximate numbers of expats residing in Bali?
Thanks,
Roy

That is impossible to determine since there are so many "expats" that are here illegally, or that are still getting away with abusing visas not intended for anyone but tourists or temporary stay visitors. 

What I can tell you is that every year for the past eight to ten years the number of qualified KITAS visas have gone up on an average of 20% per year, give or take, and this growth increases each and every year.

My Balinese brother in law (he's a member of the Provincial legislature...DPRD) and I recently concluded that the number of "illegal" expats on Bali most likely exceeds that of legal expats by a significant (and alarming) number...as in more than twice. 

On a positive note, both the immigration as well as Police authorities are clamping down on this problem with some vigor which accounts for recent record numbers of recently deported foreigners.

Keep it up, I say!  ;)

Thanks for that very interesting info about expats living in Bali.
According to the Malang Expat Forum, there are 200+ expats, mostly employed in educational institutions, living in Malang.
What's your educated 'wild guess' take on legal Visa owning expats living in Bali - more than in Malang/

"What's your educated 'wild guess' take on legal Visa owning expats living in Bali - more than in Malang?"

Well more than 20 times, and likely more like 50 times or more...no kidding.

Very many thanks!
Cheers,
Roy