Fresh market

Hi
Is there a fresh food market near zamalek where i can buy fruits, vegtables, fish meat ....

Want know too. But in dokki or mohandeseen.

I know these two (daily) markets: Kitkat and Dokki, Kitkat market is located here:  30° 4'46.43"N,  31°12'51.59"E Just copy/paste this in Google Earth/Maps.
Dokki is located here:  30° 2'25.10"N,  31°12'45.24"E
I don't recommend to go alone (as a female) to the market in Kitkat. On Friday mornings I sometimes go alone to the market in Dokki, quiet and easy/easier to park the car. There must be more markets but I know only these two in this area.

For Zamalek: Farmers market at Nun center on Saturdays.

coordinate?! You couldn't be more professional!
The one in dokki is not far from me. Thanks. I assume I have to learn arabic before I go there?

No, why, you can point out what you want.  Most have the prices on (although in Arabic) and if not you can ask for the price (bekem). But you have to know the numbers in Arabic to know the answer ;) (otherwise take your calculator and ask them to type the price, like in China ;);) )

So it is best to know the Arabic handwritten numbers and their pronunciation in Egyptian Arabic. There is a difference in handwritten numbers and printed numbers only for 2 and 3.

Guys,
The Arabic handwritten numbers and their pronunciation in Egyptian Arabic as well as English-to-arabic calculator keyboard  are shown in the links bellow.

1- Arabic handwritten numbers and their pronunciation in Egyptian (From 1 to 20):

http://sportproag.de/wp-content/plugins … sh-594.JPG

2- Arabic handwritten numbers and their pronunciation in Egyptian (from 1 to 100):

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=arabic+ha … x=52&ty=93

3- English-to-Arabic calculator keyboard:

http://images-mediawiki-sites.thefullwi … 687032.jpg

Cheers,
MO.

Geely wrote:

(otherwise take your calculator and ask them to type the price, like in China ;);) )

Hahaha, yes we do that. And you knew it!

@ mo
Thanks man. Im working on it now. It's funny that 1234567890, we call these Arabic numbers, but in real Arabic country you don't use it, you use Indian numbers....

I asked my Friend to write down the Arabic numbers for me 1 to 10 ...I use to sit and take down car numbers and then write them in English then I would write them again in Arabic with out looking at my friends writing ,after 2 days I could and still can look at arabice number and know what it is in English ..I found it easy to write the numbers but I am still learning how to say them ... I will get there one day ..lol

I am sure this will help anyone over there in Egypt to be able to shop and look at the price and then look back and see how much it is ...EASY ..

Have a good day ... no change in My friend in Bali ..

elimay wrote:

I use to sit and take down car numbers and then write them in English then I would write them again in Arabic with out looking at my friends writing ,after 2 days I could and still can look at arabice number and know what it is in English ..I found it easy to write the numbers 

Have a good day ... no change in My friend in Bali ..

elimay,
This is really simple and effective way of learning.

"Off thread", now new news is also good news. Hope the best for your friend.