Planning to Move to Puerto Rico from New Jersey?

I was offer a job in Caguas Puerto Rico and the income will be anywhere from 100,000 to 130,000? Is this a good enought income to live constable in Puerto Rico? I need some information about the best places to live Puerto Rico, Private Schools and safer for my wife and kids?

That's a good deal of $$, should have a problem. What type of job?

Senior Programmer.

Good job. I was a programmer for 22 years, unix systems and databases. Got out in 2002. Didn't want to sit in a cubicle and stare at the screen anymore. No more staying up 24 hours to make a deadline. I'm now retired, living in rincon. Took up surfing last year.

Can you please tell me about some good private schools as well as good neighborhoods near Caguas Puerto Rico.

I'm sure your future company will be able to give you some assistance. There are some gated communities just outside Caguas like Sabanera del Rio. As for good private schools I hear that the best are in the San Juan metropolitan area.

Caguas has one of the two branches of the Colegio Puertorriqueno de Ninas (on my laptop so I cannot include the tilde). As the name suggests, it's a girls' school. Also, they only teach in Spanish. But, it has a very good reputation. Here is their contact info: http://www.infopaginas.com/page/PR/guay … 82310.html

That is absolutely a good income to live in PR. You are fortunate indeed to be going there and making that kind of money. You and your family should have no trouble living there comfortably. The only bit of advice I would give you is not to flaunt the fact that you make good money. I would be low key and not flashy. The honest truth is that the crime is very bad in PR and if you look like you have a lot of money you will definitely become a target at some point. The criminals there can be particularly violent and ruthless. Always be aware of your surroundings. Best of luck to you and the family.Do you speak Spanish?

Yes I could speak Spanish very well.

You might consider living in Guaynabo and your kids could go to Baldwin School. I highly recommend it and the commute would be fine. My husband worked in Caguas and we lived in Guaynabo.

I don't know much about that area.  Great international private schools are st johns (san Jaun), Baldwin (Guaynabo) and Tasis (Dorado).  There is a nice development near there called Las Palmas.  Check it out.  Maybe they can make some recommendations.

wende

erininpr thank you very much for you information by the way what's the price range for Baldwin school.

wende wrote:

There is a nice development near there called Las Palmas.

I guess you mean Palmas del Mar, south of Humacao?

Dreambig51 wrote:

erininpr thank you very much for you information by the way what's the price range for Baldwin school.

http://www.baldwin-school.org/tuition_and_fees

im not sure,  usually depends son kids age.  Tasis ranges from $8K - $14k per year.

Thanks Gary and Wende!!!

there is a private school in Palmas - a great neighborhood with resort living.

call my friend Lisa who can help you
787 638 3333

Baldwin is about 13K per year (misc fees included). My kids have been so happy there.

Erin