Drop my mobile phone in a Vinasun taxi

I dropped my mobile phone in a Vinasun Taxi on Tuesday and immediately I asked my local staff to call the taxi company to ask the cab driver if he has found my mobile phone.

Since I catch the cab from a cab rank, the taxi co-ordintor could identify the cab no:

I have also asked my staff to write to Vinasun giving them the cab no: and my particulars.

So far it has been quite disheartening to say the least.

It is not the iPhone that  matters what really matters to me is the data stored on the phone .

Can anyone suggest what can I do?

Ta

I think in the worst case, you should use another mobile phone to send a message or call on your mobile phone. If they don't pick up your phone call, you try to send a message and ask them about how to redeem your phone, because you only want to get data and will pay them money...

It's hard to find your phone. Maybe this driver didnt know about this phone and they catch another customer, and also have situation this customer kept your phone. I think you should think you lost it :-s

Thanhmai is right - If you left it in the back of the taxi, the driver likely didn't know it was back there, and the next customer who got in is probably the one with your phone. If they are a good person, they may try to contact you to return it. But how many people in this world are really like that these days? Your phone is probably long gone.

thanks Chirstmax, I tried everything possible like calling on my number repeatedly, initially it was ringing on the same evening, I also asked a friend to send a text message in Vietnamese requesting the finder to kindly to call me. Unfortunately, the next day, I tried again, the phone battery must have run dead.

Yes, the data stored on the phone meant alot to me, I don't really care even if the cab driver or whoever found the phone retain it. I just want to get all my data on the phone, there's a lot stuff in the phone memory.

What concerns me most is that we know the Cab No: and I have asked a friend to write to Vinasun giving them all the details, like what time and where did I board and disembark the taxi and how much paid. We have asked Vinasun to contact the cab driver but so far nothing seems to have come out of it.

In fact, I don't mind giving the finder a token as a reward for returning the phone's SIM card only back to me.

Hi there!
Sorry about that!
Forget it and buy the new one is better! You know, even me (Local guy), two months ago i dropped my phone on Vinasun taxi ... and sure lose and bought new one!

hi Hoang,

Pl don't feel sorry for me, as it is I am feeling sorry for myself for being foolish.  I have been reminded time and again to back-up my data on my iPad but I kept on putting it back on the back burner. This is the price one have to pay for procrastinating.

In my mind, there seems to be an unwritten code of conduct, a preconceived rule, that prevails, where finders, are keepers.

As a matter of fact, I went to Vinaphone yesterday to get the same mobile number back at VND 25,000.

They have an app for finding your lost phone. To late now but something you can think about in the future

Good luck in trying to recover your lost phone.

You can try the service provider and if they are helpful, you may be able to recover some data.

Cloud backup for the future.

hELLnoi wrote:

Good luck in trying to recover your lost phone.

You can try the service provider and if they are helpful, you may be able to recover some data.

Cloud backup for the future.

Good suggestion. That is a real possibility.

Hi vchlim99,

Could i know your phone number?

thx

[Moderated: For safety reasons, please use your pm]

Did you have a lock code on it? I'm pretty sure iPhone have a tracking device in them. Ring Apple. ASAP.

Same thing happened here 5 days ago..lost a not fancy phone - Samsung Galaxy S2 on the back of vinasun and called in to report lost phone while kept calling own phone #..the phone rings..and plenty of battery life

within an hour of the phone reported to Vinasun as being lost on the taxi...phone was turned off and vinasun taxi driver called and said nothing on the car and he can bring us the taxi for us to search if we dont believe him..etc etc.

call the phone# last night and it went through. a man picked up who said "alo" and I said "hello" and he hung up right away! and this man sounded like the taxi driver. GPS located phone to an address, but was told that local police can't do anything about it...which is sad sad sad...