I Am New To This Forum

Hi Everyone,

My name is Wendy and I am new to this forum.

Here's my story.......

Well it all started for me when I was a young teen growing up in British Columbia, Canada and not liking the cold much I took an interest to south eastern USA and the Caribbean. I love the beach, blue waters, sunsets and the warm climate. 

By the time I was in my late 20's I had the opportunity to travel all the caribbean islands and fell in love with most all of them. I fell in love with the climate, beaches and the people. From that moment on I knew that I would be destined to move somewhere in the caribbean.

After much study (10 yrs) of Hawaii, Mexico and Central America I soon decided that Belize would be my destination. I thought for many reason's such as English speaking and most likely the next big tourist place to evolve. I purchased a 20 acre plot in the Belize District just 15 min walk to the Altun Ha Ruins. Good location, very nice village and a lot of tourist coming through everyday between the fly in's and the cruise ships.

Since the purchase of the property I have had many trips down but to the saddness of a two way ticket as I had to finish raising my kids before I could relocate and go back on a one way ticket.

Well that chore of getting the kids grown up, careers in place has come to an end. They are doing good and well on their way to a good life. So off I went and renovated the house and put it on the market for sale. Well after almost a year and half the house has not sold, not even an offer. The real estate market in BC came to a crashing end. So now after twice lowering the price to get it sold I am still stuck in Canada.

Today, I keep positive knowing that someday the house will sell and when happens I will purchase my one way ticket as I am so ready to go. In the meantime, I get down there as often as I can as I miss Belize,

Thats my story and I am sticking to it! I hope my dream and everyone else's all come true.

Cheers
Wendy

Hello Wendy.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Wish you good luck in your project,
Aurélie

Awwww what a nice story Wendy.  Keep the faith, I am sure your plan will soon come together.

Hi Wendy,
Congratulation, what's the story:)

I hope we will meet some day in Belize,
because I'm on my way to Belzie too...
with many obstacles in life.

Take care,
Please wait for me and save a nice place on the beach:)

88mimi88

Hi wendy,

You are just north of me.  I live in Bremerton which is across the water from Seattle.  You are like me, Its all about the warm blue water and sandy beaches.  There is no place I would rather be and Belize seems to be the one.  I am currently renting my house out, didn't want to do it but then when the market comes up some I can list and sell.  I'm thinking 1-2 years.  Like you the kids are all grown and the time has come.  I just found this forum myself so it has been very helpful.  There are so many questions right?  I also had thought about Mexico and may still spend time there but I'm starting with Belize.  I like they speak English alot that's a big plus.  Stay in touch as we are sort of neighbors right and coming from the same place, fog, rain, cold water, cold temps.  I get cold just thinking about it.

Linda in WA

Great Story Wendy. I am from Caroline, Alberta, and have also purchased property in Belize. I was just waiting for my husband to retire. Well my husband retired, but I still have my acreage at Caroline to sell. I hope we both find buyers very soon.