Teaching english in saigon???

hi!

very interested to know what the job prospects are for qualified english teachers in saigon....i hold a bachelors degree, TEFL, have teaching experience etc...so whats it like there for teachers???

i taught in japan for one year and have been considering bangkok or saigon...any advice??

i traveled through vietnam in 2004 and LOVED it....

thanks!!

Job prospects would be really good for a teacher with any experience. I have none, only an online tefl cert and that gets me work from USD15/ hour. You should expect a salary comparitive to Western salaries, and when you can get a flat from $400/month, and everything being so cheap, you should have a great time here.

I'm not sure if you can get a job lined up from abroad, schools don't tend to respond to emails, unless you're responding to an online ad.

Good luck!

Hi,
I`m look for a foreigner who will teach me english, are you staying in Vietnam  and are you willing teach for some persons or group ?
Please reply me , thanks in advanced.

Hi,
The Private French school of my daughter is seeking an part time english teacher for the next academic year (sept2010). If you're interested in this position please contact them: [email protected]
Best Barbara

I'm a qualified English teacher with a Masters degree and it took me 1 year to find a good job.  Yes you can get a job that is 15 to 18 dollars an hour but most of them are part time and have no benefits.  The hours are lousy.  I was working for 3 schools just to get enough hours and that meant driving around HCMC which spands 800 square kilometers! In addition, when I did find a job with great benefits I wasn't eligible because they needed to hire someone from overseas!  I suggest finding a job BEFORE you get here.  Try vietnamworks.com or look for positions at the international school in Vietnam.  GOOD LUCK

[Moderated: Please post in Jobs section]

man i can teach you english..reply and talk to me

[moderated: please post your ad in the job section]