Tax advice

Hi,

Coming March I will be moving to Athens and I am looking for some tax advice. When I move to Greece will be working for a Danish company, but not on expat terms. I will be working on project basis and i need to figure out how the Greek tax system works for people who are not on a Greek company's payroll. How to enlist for tax paying, how to pay your taxes and how about social securities? Can someone help me with some advice? Do you have some info that can help me, or do you know some good tax consultants, thanks for letting me know!

Hope to meet you in Athens!

Best regards,

Caren

Hi Caren....i cannot help you with this as but i have a friend who can...he knows about all this stuff and i am sure will be gland to help you....here is his email...he also lives in Athens and is Greek but speaks english perfectly..
[email protected]

His name is Geroge...just tell him Kristi asked you to write to him...he is in Munich at the moment and will be back in a week.
Good Luck.
Kristi.

hi

Some people (temporary residents) from the eu pay there taxes to the country they are from. if its only a temporary job in Greece you might be able to still pay tax to your own country, its a lot easier, and the health system benefits will probably be a lot better.
if the companys paying you in to your home bank account you can pay the taxs in your home country .
the tax system in Greece can be complicated and expensive.

Regrds
the whoyouknow.gr team