How to pay ENFIA online

As an American who owns property in Greece I have been able to access my E9 information and my account online but cannot figure out how to make the tax payment online. In the past the payment was made through a lawyer in Greece but I have been told I can pay directly online. I do have a Transferwise account that I have used in the past to pay the lawyer  Can someone help me?
Thank you.

Hi mdc120,

First of all, welcome to Expat.com :)

Hopefully our members will be able to help you very soon.
You may also want to reach a lawyer to help you in this procedure.

Best of luck,

Priscilla
Expat.com Team

Hi,this is what they say on line and its also as I thought it was.Newsroom 24.04.18 ...The Public Revenue Office has activated the online application allowing taxpayers to pay their dues by bank card(credit or debit) via the...Taxisnet platform...log into   www.aade.gr with username and password then follow directions on screen,the required amount of dues will appear and then select on screen...payment by card...under the personalized information menu.I think there is an arrow for you to follow regarding payment options.So you must feed in your...user name and password... and follow instructions on screen,its your Taxisnet.gr account,everything pertaining to your tax responsibilities will show there and how to pay.I guess one can also go to Taxisnet.gr as well.Try,Im sure the payment options will be there for you to follow.

How to pay emfia and fullfill taxpayers responsibilities in Greece while living in Cambridge

I was able to pay my ENFIA online using Wise (formerly Transfer wise)  and following the instructions from this page:  https://www.aade.gr/epiheiriseis/forolo … zonis-sepa      Click on for further information and pdf will open with directions.

I am an American citizen also and need to pay my ENFIA and was interested in how you paid it using Transferwise as I have a Transferwise account also. When you input the IBAN that Transferwise gives you, how does the Tax Department know whose account to pay? The sheet you referenced makes mention of "Payment Code via Bank" but gives no details as to the procedure. Do you get a message with the 30 digit code that you apply on the payment screen?

I am brand new to this stuff and need to pay my ENFIA and will have to address future years with a Greek bank account which will take time to get but any pointers or advice would be most appreciated.

Hi to All,
I m italian and i have a home in grece i want pay ENFIA like you tell but the site is only in greek linguage ?
And also , some one know if it s possible to have DEYA bill by e-mail ?

Hello All

Welcome to the club!  Paying ENFIA for me as a US citizen of Greek descent is a headache as is probably for non-Greek EU. Why do they make it so difficult to pay with a debit or credit card (a US one in my case it was rejected) ? I tried to pay through Transferwise now known as Wise and it was also rejected.  In a pinch I had my lawyer in Athens pay the ENFIA as she is my POA. I shouldn't have to rely on her and it should be able to be paid directly by the account holder wherever they are located.  Just my opinion.

Greg

See my post today about paying ones Dues

Hi nice to be here. Can anybody help me please. I inherited  my fathers flat in Athens.which I rent out. Somebody was 'helping' with all the tax bills etc.  I need to find out about ENFIA and have been to site mentioned above but it does not seem to have an English translation and I have no Greek sorry to say. How do I find what my bill will be for 2022 Also need new website for Greek tax also in English.
Thanks in advance

@Guest4567 On your computer... Right Click and choose Translate to English or almost any other language. This works for 99% of all webpages in the internet

@abstractius The...reference...you speak of is your Taxisnet.gr account codes,your access to  your account,thats user name, codes etc...very important to you,your accountant will have this on file.

It is still not possible to pay taxes with foreign cards. The online payment works only with Greek cards. This is actually outrageous and unacceptable omission, adding an unnecessary headache for such a simple task that shouldn't bother owners for more than 15 minutes, instead loosing months to arrange workarounds.

Pierakakis receives?

@Nick Del They said it will be the end of the year or next Januay,they look for tenders at the moment for the card transactions so hold yourself and it will happen.

@Guest4567

Hello,

Yes if you mean  ΔΕΗ the electricity company you may pay it online once you are registered in this company. To do that, you have to go to their office physically :-( Once you arrange it, you get a bill via your email . The message is in Greek and English. The bill is in Greek only.

@greghomatas

It is always warmly recommanded, I would say, Essential  to lease an accountant's service for Taxisnet  in Greek. The website is in Greek only and the online system works on / off.

As an EU citizen I cannot pay Enfia with my credit card. It was possible until 2022.

I transfer the requested sum to the bank account of my accountant and he paid from his own Greek bank account.

I do not know any other possibility.