New Member..

Hello everyone. New to the site, but have been reading a lot of your informative blogs..

My husband and I are native NY'ers.. from Staten Island and Brooklyn originally.  We live upstate now.. We love to Golf, ski, cooking, meeting new people, learning the history and culture of new places/people, photography, sitting on the deck with wine.. cheese.. and the view. 

We've been considering moving for several years now.. and finally we are in the process of looking for that place.  After a lot of research (on line, Cuenca and Panama City have been the two places we want to consider first.  We have others on the list. 

We plan on taking trips to our destinations, and first on the list is Cuenca...  probably Sept./Oct. 

I'm not sure what else I should say.. other than I am happy that we found this site.. It's important to know what the Real life is like.. not just that Romantic Notion people have about moving to a new place.

:D  Tori

Welcome Tori, to you and your husband.
I think you'll find this an intersting, and informative site. Lots of folks with a lot of knowledge, and a pretty good bunch at that. Most of us are in, or have been, exactly where you are at, the informtion gathering stage. Snoop around the site, look at older postings, and ask questions. Any question you have has probably been asked, but don't hold back, ask away, and someone will respond.
Good Luck in your journey!
Stay Well,
Neil

Thank you Neil...   I have been reading reading reading..   A lot of great information.. sometimes confusing.. but I'm sure you've been through it!  This is a great site.. glad that we found it! 

Tori

Tori, regarding golf while there are seven quality courses in Ecuador (Quito/ Guayaquil/ Cuenca) they are all private with memberships and monthly fees. If financially feasible, they are an excellent opportunity to meet locals and provide good exercise as carts are normally not used. Also, aggressive driving skills learned in NYC will serve you well in Ecuador. We don't have skiing however south of here (Chile and Argentina) is great.

fdmg..

Golf is very important!! So it's good to know there are courses nearby!  Skiing - Not so much.. although I enjoy it. 

I've heard about the driving.. lol  It can't be worse than Florida...LOL.  I've had more close calls in Florida than anywhere ever..

I appreciate all of the information you guys are giving us..!

Tori