Can Wife be the Sponsor of a Child?

:rolleyes: As the subject goes - "can a wife be the sponsor of a child?" I mean, instead of the husband, can the child be registered as dependent of a wife? and is it possible for a wife to have a husband as a dependent?

thanks

If the wife herself owns a dependent visa (i.e. her sponsor is her husband), she can't have kids on her iqama. Dependents can't have dependents.

If she is employed legally with her company, she can.

TheLegendLeads wrote:

If the wife herself owns a dependent visa (i.e. her sponsor is her husband), she can't have kids on her iqama. Dependents can't have dependents.

:one

:rolleyes:

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Thanks TLL - for clarification - so, a woman who is employed by a sponsor, can have her husband and child as dependents, ayt? :rolleyes:

Popolocroix wrote:

:rolleyes:

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Thanks TLL - for clarification - so, a woman who is employed by a sponsor, can have her husband and child as dependents, ayt? :rolleyes:

Yes, she can have her husband and child as dependents, but husband will not be able to work in KSA.

Good day
i have problem in my iqama im working as a respiratory therapist and my iqama is laborer,my wife is applying on the hospital im working,my question is if my wife is already here in saudi can she get our children using her iqama if not laborer to be there dependent.

silverchair wrote:

Good day
i have problem in my iqama im working as a respiratory therapist and my iqama is laborer,my wife is applying on the hospital im working,my question is if my wife is already here in saudi can she get our children using her iqama if not laborer to be there dependent.

Is your wife, your dependent as of now ? If she is, then yes you can have the kids as well in your visa.

Will she be issued a new visa by her new / proposed employer. If she gets a new visa, yes then she will be able to sponsor kids under her new working visa.

visit visa for our children using iqama of my wife is possible even my wife is not dependent from my iqama and visit visa can be permanent and for how long i will wait to get visa for our children and how much it will cost..tnx so much.

silverchair wrote:

visit visa for our children using iqama of my wife is possible even my wife is not dependent from my iqama and visit visa can be permanent and for how long i will wait to get visa for our children and how much it will cost..tnx so much.

Visit visa possible for children under the age of 18 for male child and up to 23 yrs old for female child.

If your wife is under a different sponsor and can support the visit visa through her sponsor then its possible, as to charges in this case you will pay only the normal visit visa fees payable here - SAR.25 for COC attestation. The rest of the amount will have to be paid at the embassy at the time of endorsement of visa.

good day,
  what is the requirements to get our childrens 1 yr old and 2 yrs old, my wife still in the philippines waiting for her visa,she will be work in the same company im working maybe
1-2months more.it is possible that she can bring our childrens together with her or let my wife come her first and if she have already iqama we can apply for the visa of our childrens.my wife is not dependent on me because of my iqama problem.visit visa can be change to permanent visa.tnx so much.

silverchair wrote:

good day,
  what is the requirements to get our childrens 1 yr old and 2 yrs old, my wife still in the philippines waiting for her visa,she will be work in the same company im working maybe
1-2months more.it is possible that she can bring our childrens together with her or let my wife come her first and if she have already iqama we can apply for the visa of our childrens.my wife is not dependent on me because of my iqama problem.visit visa can be change to permanent visa.tnx so much.

She will have to come here and get iqama first to bring them as dependents. This can happen in max 2 months time or as soon as she gets the iqama.

Dear Sir,Iam An Indian working in riyadh about15yeras.My wife also working in Hospital.My 2kids studying in Riyadh.I request to my company increase my salary.from 9years my salary not increment.my sponser told me i can not increase you if you want go exit,go exit but the same time i asked my release,because company hiring me from riyadh.and also i paid full amount of my sponsership change and 1year Iqama.This is my questain, If I go labour court i can get relaese?

jinuksa wrote:

Dear Sir,Iam An Indian working in riyadh about15yeras.My wife also working in Hospital.My 2kids studying in Riyadh.I request to my company increase my salary.from 9years my salary not increment.my sponser told me i can not increase you if you want go exit,go exit but the same time i asked my release,because company hiring me from riyadh.and also i paid full amount of my sponsership change and 1year Iqama.This is my questain, If I go labour court i can get relaese?

Yes, you can get release since you were hired from Riyadh , which means the company did not loose a visa, also since you paid for the transfer and iqama your case will be stronger.

Good luck and wish all the best for you.

what requirements needed to get our childrens.tnx

silverchair wrote:

what requirements needed to get our childrens.tnx

All the normal documentation required for family visa will be applicable in this case as well.

- iqama should be ready
- apply for dependent visa through the company
- once visa is issued here in KSA, send to home country for processing
- do medical and submit along with passport and photos
- get visa endorsed.

how about marriage contract still needed as requirements..2 childrens can be dependent on my wife or 1 only.

silverchair wrote:

how about marriage contract still needed as requirements..2 childrens can be dependent on my wife or 1 only.

Since the children are coming as dependent of your wife , the need for marriage contract wont be there, also since she is in a separate visa.

I am reading this thread with interest as my employer, an international school, has just informed me that my wife cannot sponsor our children as women are not allowed to do this in Saudi. We need to do this so that I can return to England for one year to do a Masters. My wife has her own iqama and her own sponsorship by our employer which is normal in international schools, the reason given is the new inflexible computer system. Any advice on how to progress from here would be very useful as my wife does not want to leave her job. Many thanks

Friar43 wrote:

I am reading this thread with interest as my employer, an international school, has just informed me that my wife cannot sponsor our children as women are not allowed to do this in Saudi. We need to do this so that I can return to England for one year to do a Masters. My wife has her own iqama and her own sponsorship by our employer which is normal in international schools, the reason given is the new inflexible computer system. Any advice on how to progress from here would be very useful as my wife does not want to leave her job. Many thanks

Ideally the wife can sponsor the husband and her kids, but then it depends on your wife's organizations internal policy and profession that might restrict this.

Thanks for the reply, my wife doesn't need to sponsor me as I will be leaving Saudi for a year to study in the UK she just needs to sponsor our two children. There are no internal rules from her employer to stop this, she is a teacher in an international school with her own overseas contract, own iqama and sponsorship from the school. We are being told that the new computerised process applies the rule that non-Saudi women cannot sponsor their children, rigidly. This has not been the case in the past, until recently women could sponsor their children but now this has changed. Is this true and is there a way around it if it is.

Friar43 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, my wife doesn't need to sponsor me as I will be leaving Saudi for a year to study in the UK she just needs to sponsor our two children. There are no internal rules from her employer to stop this, she is a teacher in an international school with her own overseas contract, own iqama and sponsorship from the school. We are being told that the new computerised process applies the rule that non-Saudi women cannot sponsor their children, rigidly. This has not been the case in the past, until recently women could sponsor their children but now this has changed. Is this true and is there a way around it if it is.

There are still a lot of women in KSA who sponsor's their dependents. If this has been changed or made rigid certainly this would have come to light and I havent heard of anything like this until now. It might be true with the computerized application since it may not have that option, but like every other process that the system prevents this can be done manually from jawazat, I suggest you contact any general service firms to check how she can add current dependents under her iqama and they will give the solution.

Thanks, it does seem that no one else has heard of this, I am not sure what Jawazat is but I will mention it to our HR people. I think it has to be our employer who does the sponsorship transfer for us I don't think our employer or the relevant Ministry would accept a general service firm doing this for us. I really appreciate your replies as it is so difficult to know what is really true and what decisions can be appealed against with any chance of success. If I have any success or hear of anyone in the same position I will post it. Thanks again.

Yes, a Female Employee can put his child as her dependant as long as you have a good profession, complete documents and a good salary as well

hi .I have the same problem.
I want to bring my kids aqama under my sponsorship ( currantly they are under my husband.... )coz my husband is going on final exit. However, I am willing to 'stay back' since I am working in a college and have my own independent job and aqama.
but jawazat people are saying it's not possible...but recently one of my frends got this done for herself when her husband went on exit and she transferred her two kids to her own iqama(she is also working  )
what are the rules
where should we approach and in what way?
is there any services agency in riyadh who can do this for me?

Im just asking coz me and my husband work here but we just want to know if what did we do to get our kids in Phillipines my husbsnd can make dependent for his kids how to get visa thabks

i am a working woman with my sponsership transfered from my father to the company i work for. My direct family is still living here in the kingdom since as long as i can remember.
i got married in my home country and came back to saudi Arabia. My husband is not a saudi resident and he is not going to be in saudi untill a couple of years as well. I am still on the company's sponsership. My profession is of a foreign language teacher. i am pregnant and expecting to deliver soon. How do i update my marital status on iqama as married? i have the marriage contract (Nikah Deed) signed from MOFA in Pakistan.
Can i keep my baby under my sponsership or is this right directed to my father? i can't find any help regarding this matter from anyone. The HR lady was a cook before she got this position, i hope it explains enough. The agent is spinning tales and i am lost.

Yes ... my friend is on wife's Iqama ..she is Dr.... he just maintaining it to visit his wife and kids...

Yes its 100% possible

I'm working as an English teacher. Will I be able to sponsor my husband and kids for permanent residence or only visit visa? Is there some number or office we can visit to make all these enquiries ? It seems rules in Saudi change often and there is lots of confusion.

@Nasreen,
The first thing you need to do is to check your contract. Does it say family status? Then check with your employer whether they will support you by signing papers etc?

If you aren't lucky in the above two, the only option will be a visit visa.

I am employed legally. My husband is not a resident of Saudi Arabia. My daughter is now 13 months old to be exact and no, being a woman, working legally and independently will still not let you have your kids under your sponsorship. I have been to jawazat, embassies, civil afairs etc.
I have lost 15k saudi riyals to the agents n still my daughter has no iqama. My contract says there's no harm in keeping my family with me but it's not as simple as it seems. Dont get fooled by anyone. You need to have your husband with you in order to have a child under your sponsorship.

Hallo all I am an assistant professor working in ksa my husband is not working he is dependant on my iqama....I am facing a big problem during these days.....I have to issue my new born baby iqama but when my husband went to the jawazat office and uni. Admin they said my new baby iqama will be issued on my husband's iqama...
How is it possible when he dont have an independent iqama.....
What about all allownces if my baby iqama will be on my husband's iqama who will pay....
Will the uni. Give education health and other allownces.....
Please guide me with proper information what should i do...........

No..He will be under your husband and later pay 2000 riyal and transfer under sponsorship

i didn't understand your point...if she will be under my husband iqama than how will i transfer....please guide me about the procedure

I have a query in this. As per you, the husband/children can be transferred to wife's sponsor if wife is holding a valid work visa under a company right.

Can you please elaborate what is the procedure and requirements for doing that? Whom to approach.

Is there any clause or rules which speaks about that. From where you have taken this information if a need comes to prove i should produce the extract of this rule. Please i am i a situation to take a similar decision. Request your further guidance .

I am expat, I have permanen residence, I am citizen mother of Saudian kids. My husband is passed away. Can I add my Saudian kids as my dependent?
Thank you.

Pls check the labor law where family status is defined, dependent means HUSBAND or WIFE and kids,
husband can go under wife kafala if she have family status else she can talk to her HR department that she will pay the price and transfer her husband under her kafala, be noted specific professions are allowed to do that not all

Is this true?, the wife can have is husband as dependent?

generyt wrote:

Is this true?, the wife can have is husband as dependent?

Yes, if she has such profession which allows it.
But remember, husband will not be able to do work freely.

Can he apply for work?, and find another company or sponsor?