New in HCMC

Hello!

I will relocate in HCMC starting with this month.
I would like to know what things can I expect there, both positive and negative which may I omitted to find them in my research on the internet about Saigon.
More briefly, advises, tips and any information that  can be useful for an European citizen who comes for the first time in Vietnam.
Meanwhile, i am looking for new friends expats and locals as well in order to exchange ideas, views and opinions and why not to go out for a coffee, drink or sightseeing.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Anne

When will you come to HCM city and which district will you live? I live in district 1, but i'll go home for holidays and will come back to HCM city on Feb 18. Maybe we can go out for coffee and let's see if I can help you something. Don't worry, Vietnam is a friendly country.

Hi
Im Joe im an expat here,
welocme to vietnam,

Hey Anne,

I am also new to the city. Just arrived some days ago and need to get used to everything over here. I guess I cannot give you any great advice on how to live over here, but if you would like to meet up for a coffee/ drink/ sightseeing tour just drop me a message :)

Cheers,
Alica

1 thing to take note:

Be careful of your handbags, phones, etc. Do not use your phone on the streets. :)

Hi, I am here for last 10 years.  You can ask thing you would like to know about Vietnam. Especially about Ho Chi Minh.
Be aware of snatchers, try to avoid to use on the street sides, keep your hand bag off side of the street, avoid to stay in district 4, better to stay in apartment , avoid to rent an individual house.
Best of Luck.

i need u dear . my id is [email protected]

@gullo -> Can you please introduce yourself? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Im new in saigon as well, born in denmark and know a bit of vietnamese! send me a message if you want a new friend!
My email address is [email protected]
cheers

@silke
The business are opening more in Vietnam especially in Ho Chi Minh city so do hope you can find the job easily. BTW may I know your speciality ? Any experience ?
Beside translator are you interested in any other job.?

Hi Anne.My name's Tuan.I was born and living in Ho Chi Minh city now.I was in Tan Binh District...Nice to meet you....If you got free time you can call me or email to me [email protected] can hang out and got funny time with each other.... :)

hi silk
i am from usa and i will move to vietnam in sept.  hope we can friend then.. hahah, love vietnam people

Hiya,

Nice to meet you, do you enjoy Saigon so far?
Do you guys have Facebook, then we can keep in touch and updated news there too or arrange a meeting to have a drink or whatsoever.

Hello nickuscdds1...I'm a vietnamese living in HCM city...can we make friend? My facebook is Tuan Nguyen and Yahoo : [email protected]'m interested in Americans...They're friendly and close....(^^,)...So nice to meet you

Hei Annie,
Are you in HCMC yet? Have you found any place to stay yet?
I and my flatmate are looking for some one to fill in our 3 bedroomds apartment if you are interested in, please feel free to contact me.

Hello Phuonganh -> Can you please post an advert in the Housing in Ho Chi Minh section? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi annie.
I'm Huy. welcome to HCMC. If you need new friends, we can become best friend. I can help you to study Vietnamese and help you discovery HCMC.
Huy

Hi Michael! I have a lot of experience in the Resturant business but would like to move away from that direction and into fashion...I have worked in a company in the customer service section... I'm open for any thing new, and an easy learner:)

Hi,
If u wanna someone to hang out (drink coffee, walking ...), Please contact me. I love to make friend. ^^
My gmail: [email protected]

Hello,

I just arrived in Saigon and would love to meet nice people to hang out with. I am from Germany, 24 years old. Please contact me if you are interested (PN)! :)

Hello !

I am Samuel Ho, Well come you to vietnam, if you need any help, dont mind contact me at my email: [email protected] or tell: 0908849695 . willing to hellp you .

have a nice day

Samuel ho

Annemarie_me wrote:

Hello!

I will relocate in HCMC starting with this month.
I would like to know what things can I expect there, both positive and negative which may I omitted to find them in my research on the internet about Saigon.
More briefly, advises, tips and any information that  can be useful for an European citizen who comes for the first time in Vietnam.
Meanwhile, i am looking for new friends expats and locals as well in order to exchange ideas, views and opinions and why not to go out for a coffee, drink or sightseeing.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Anne

Hi,
Welcome to Vietnam. I think my country is one of the safe ones in the world. And the Vietnamese are very friendly. Anyway, if you need any help in anything in Saigon, feel free to contact me. If you want a new friend, I'm very glad to make friend with you. Why not going out for coffee?
Wish you health and success!
Cheers,

Sure I'll join the dog pile. Would love to meet new people now that my payday is finally coming up. Feel free to PM on this website and I'll reply with my phone number for a coffee or what have you.

[moderated: off topic]

Hi. contact me if u wanna sightseeing country side suburtary and local food. => via my email: [email protected].