Transport options in Jeddah

Hi all,

I have an offer from a company in Jeddah.

As i understand from them and also one of my relative in KSA, there is no public transport in Saudi Arabia.

since i am still learning to drive here in India. it will be some more time before i get the licence.

so what are the travel options available in Jeddah to travel from Residence to work and back.

And do i need to take the separate driving licence in Jeddah

Please help me

Thanks a lot
Regards
Pranav

Hope that you will enjoy your time here,

Yes there is no REAL public transportation in jeddah (if any at all), but was reading yesterday that the municipality is preparing a master plan to address this issue…. anyhow, your options are:

•Taking the  small buses (hafila  also called the two Riyals buses) they are old and in very bad shape . They can take you mainly from and to down town Jeddah and their services covers  very limited parts of Jeddah (mostly main roads)
•Taking the big buses (SAPITCO )also will cost two Riyals, but they are in good shape and cover as above very limited areas and main roads only.
•Taxis. Tons of them everywhere and they will charge between SR10-15 depending on the distance.(max SR25)
•Private cars that are used as taxi's . they will charge usually SR10
•Arranging for a private car for daily transportation. Usually it's between SR 900-1400 per month (for the care) on how many trips they will take you per day, if you will share it with others and on the destination.
•Free hitchhiking. Wear your cute face and hope for someone to give you a free ride(not recommended).
Cheers

free hitchhiking, LOL!!

Yeah free at first , then you will have to spend thousands on  therapy !!!! Lol

City transport in Jeddah is not in good shape. The hafila / 2 Riyals bus are sometimes dangerous. There drivers are riding like rockets and they have bad manners as well. In countries like Pakistan and India you can have a bike as a source of transport but in Jeddah it is not possible to ride a bike in between quick traffic.

THERE IS NO REGULAR PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION , I THINK YOU BETTER BUY A CAR , WHISH IS NOT EXPENSIVE , AND IT TOO COMMON TO HAVE A DRIVER WITH HIS OWN CAR , WHICH CAN AVOID YOU MAINTENANCE AND ETC . SO BETTER TAKE A DRIVER AND THERY ARE TOO MANY AND FOR ALMOST LESS THAN 1200 RIALS A MONTH SO ENJOY YOUR LIFE.
BUT I OUGHT TO LET YOU KNOW THAT YOU BETTER FIND A OLD WAISE MAN AS DRIVER OTHERWISE , IN JEDDAH YOUNG PEOPLE DOES NOT HAVE A DA dIRIVING lISENCE , BUT RATHER A " hunting lisence" TAKE CARE ...

@wingflyers > you should please lower your caps lock on the forum. Thank you.

Hi,
you can traval by Taxi,Costar (Private Bus) or join Driving Class for 1 Month to get new l.