Motorcycles in Jeddah

I have read several posts about renting and buying cars in Saudi.  Is it easy to find motorcycle dealers and secure finance?

I understand that the traffic is supposedly mad, but I have owned 4 bikes while in Indonesia and I am still alive - just - to tell the tale.

I am going thru the same thought pattern. I Have owned 33 bikes, in South Africa it is reasonably safe, but on my 2 visits to Saudi I came to the conclusion that a biker's lifespan would be avout 20 minutes.

I guess the answer is to buy a big off roader (XR600 or similar)and hit the sand.

I certainly wouldn't want my current ride (Suzuki Strom 1000) over there. Interstingly enough I have seen a Harley, Honda and Suzuki dealer in Riyadh, but not sure about Jeddah.

XR600 - I will look into this.  Any ideas on prices?

No idea what a bike would go for in Saudi, but looking at the non existent values of second hand cars I can't imagine they would be expensive.

A mate of mine in Riyadh bought a Ducati Monster that he found buried under a carpet in the Souk for SR1000. It was complete and running, just needed a good work over.

I'll be moving over there in about a months time, and if all go's according to plan I'll be doing some shopping for a bike, it is certainly gonna be interesting.

Hi Bikers,

I do ride motorcycle in Jeddah. I have a BMW R1150RT, and Kawasaki KLR650.

There are motorcycle shops here in Jeddah. Harley, Ducati, Suzuki, Honda, and Kawasaki. BMW shops just closed a month ago. There is only one in Riyadh, but they take your BMW bike for free all the way to Riyadh if it needs some fixing, which doesn't happen quite often.

BUT be aware. All shops here have really bad service. No test drive, and no accessories. You may even end up buying a helmet you don't like, just coz its the only one that fits you. I advice to get your gear with you.

There is a huge biker community in Jeddah. I must say they r lazy. Just the expats who are quite active.

It is dangerous to ride in the middle of the city "Not for those who rode in Indonesia". I only do tours outside the city. There is so much to see. One day, weekend, or even a week tour. Lots of road. Quite good. People on country side much nicer.

If question, I'm glad to help.

Hi.
Stop tempting me=)
Once a biker always a biker,I understand perfectly the problem with riding in the cities. I can imagine the open roads must be fantastic. I guess it's a case of wait and see what develops, thanks fopr the response.

Andy

I will stop tempting you ;)

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_2KZ1W9D2ZXI/TIiBi-iiUtI/AAAAAAAAAoI/DJeakna-MH0/s800/DSC01926.JPG

Oh to have a Ducati round those twisties.
I have a very large project to run in Jeddah, which means I will be spending quite a lot of time there. If your not careful I'll be knocking on your front door for directions.

Any time :)

If you have a GPS device, I can give you all my points of interests.

Hi - thanks for the information,  I have found the Harley dealer in Jeddah and took a look - I would really like to know where to locate the Honda dealer?

An address would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Alrighty then, speak again soon

jassim78 wrote:

Any time :)

If you have a GPS device, I can give you all my points of interests.

Honda bike dealer is the same as car dealer on Madinah Road.

Abdullah Hashim Co., Ltd. Head Office
Address : P.O.Box 44, Jeddah 21411, Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia
Tel : +966-2-6621500 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +966-2-6621500      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

(Moderated: No free advertising, Please)

hi all, sorry if this is out of topic, but im a new user n tried to msg a memeber,but i think its not getting there..i read once that u need to have x number of friends so u can send pvt msgs,is that true?
Another thing,regsrding z topic, im not an experienced motorcycle,but would like to get n try some motocrossing at the desert, any1 got an idea abt it?
Thx all for ur time
Ezzo

ezzix wrote:

hi all, sorry if this is out of topic, but im a new user n tried to msg a memeber,but i think its not getting there..i read once that u need to have x number of friends so u can send pvt msgs,is that true?
Ezzo

Please find information on the link below:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23238

jassim78 wrote:

I will stop tempting you ;)

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_2KZ1W9D2ZXI/TIiBi … C01926.JPG

Hey Jassim,

Where did u take that picture?
is it Al Hada road?

I like to have a ride there:)

Well I'm an avid rider back home but here in Jeddah? I'm here flying the new helicopter air ambulance emergency service and after what I've been seeing regarding accidents and the hospital system here during the last 4 months,  I'll NEVER ride a bike here !!

Im very eager to get a motorcycle here in Jeddah(superbike or cruiser?) bcause its cheaper here than in South Africa but the air medic, Texas Pilot is right, it looks very dangerous, a pity though because Jeddah & the KSA could be nice for riding except for the lack of drivers abiding to the traffic regulations.Its like bumper cars at the fairgrounds out there!

hi guys,

is it true that u have u to get ur company's manager acceptance to buy a bike here?
i was speaking with a colleague and he referred so!!

I'd like to start some desert motocross activity

thx
ciao

Chilly wrote:

I guess the answer is to buy a big off roader (XR600 or similar)and hit the sand.

I've lived in Jeddah for almost all my life, and I can't agree more...

The traffic is indeed difficult.  Most people think they drive on the right here.  No.  They drive on the right, left, in the middle, forwards and backwards, sideways, and / or tumbling end over end.  All these things I have seen.  Only a very brave person would risk motor biking in cities here : the roads between the cities are very good and the off-road scenery is stunning in the western side of the country ( a bit like southern California ) but in the cities the driving / riding can be very dangerous. Even with the original Australian dialogue...

hey jassim - have u planed any one day desert of adventure trips recently?

Hi Jassim,

It's great to meet you in this blog... I am planning to move Jeddah at the end of February 2013, for a year contract. Looking for bikers and divers to spent the weekends effectively. If there will be any opportunity to rent and ride bike, then I will bring my gears together...

When I was in KSA at early 90's, I got a Saudi Licence to ride a car.. What is the case now..? Can I used my domestic licence or it is necessary to get a new Saudi Licence or to use the old one after reregistered... What do you think..?

I hope to hear from you soon...

Djan G.

Hi, I am a Harley Davidson rider from Holland and for appr. 5 years in Jeddah. After my saudi car driver license now in three weeks for my saudi motorbike license. I rode over 15,000 kilometers per year in entire Europe and I will sure take my Harley to here. Indeed you have to adept your style of riding to the Saudi style of traffic behavior. And for sure this behavior is awfull..Nevertheless, I have seen the Jeddah Chapter riding nearly every Fridaymorning when the traffic is light. But we have the intention to ride also longer rides into Saudi. But something else: does anybody knows where (besides the HD dealer) I can buy an half helmet for my exam in Jeddah? And to wear it on my Harley after importing. Second question: does anyone here have any experience in importing is own motorbike in Saudi?? Please give me advices.....
Thanks and hopefully see you guys soon on the Jeddag Corniche roads

Oh yea. My second love  is my Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 100th year HD, fully equipped, 88B carb engine, adjustable baffles in S&S 3" slip-ons, footboards, full of chrome and studs. Classic style, full leather side bags, deep bucket seat with backrest, Road King wide beach bar handle bar, air horn...Just information for the Harley lovers......

Djan, now you have to change your expat riding license for a Saudi one, coupled seperate from the car drving license. First they take your fingerprints, check them on criminality, that come back and do a riding test (including your own helmet). Than some paperwork and the choice for how many years you want to have it (validity) and pay accordingly.
The entire process take appr. 3 weeks...

hi guys, where in jeddah can i buy riding gear like boots, gloves and helmet?

There are only a few shops for this. I discovered the Kawasaki dealer in Medinah Road (between Sari Street and Quarash Street and the Harley Davidson dealer in Jeddah. To be honest the Harley dealer has the biggest collection and the best assortment. Maybe there are other shops too (trike and quad shop between the Dome and the Hyatt Continental Hotel at the junction Falastin and King Fahd Road) but I have to visit them. For all certainty I take my personal riding gear from Europ.

Man... i can only dream of owning my own bike here in jeddah.. :( and riding one! my only chance of riding a scooter is here in our factory i borrow the issued scooter of our employees and ride the hell out of it.. :)

Gents,

How would I proceed to get a licence to ride a bike in Saudi?

Thanks.

Try the Harley Davidson shop (next to the Mexican resturant). They have a collection of bikes and gear.
Good luck

hi ...
i am from India.....am an expatriate...
is it safe to buy motocycle in Jeddah

I think that your life time expectation highly depend on the style of your riding. With all respect, I have seen Japanese bikes in general, riding like lunatics. No where in the world it is safe to ride like lunatics but only in Saudi Arabia there is hardly no policeman who will stop you. And it is 'cool' to make wheelies, to cross from left to right on the 6-lane streets. Quit and confident riders on impressive motorbikes like big Harleys get at least some respect here. But avoiding the rush hours as always a good decision, but that is it in every big city or even country.
There is indeed a Harley dealer in Jeddah and a very active HOG Chapter (being member of it) and indeed commuting by bike is not advisable. Not only because of the traffic density but also because of the heat. And a sensible and responsible biker wears of course protecting clothes, a helmet, good and proper boots. Riding in shorts, on Nikes and in T-shirt is maybe 'cool' in many aspects, but that is the operation theater in the hospital too....And that is exacty what you will see very soon, staring at the ceiling or at the operation table when you ride unprotected, wherever you may ride.

There are dealers here, but I would not suggest you get a bike here in Jeddah.
The traffic is like nowhere else in the world......exept maybe India...lol
You should go on your knees and thank God younare still alive.
Lost my son in a motorbike accident......hate them with a passion

Yolanda, mu deepest respect and condoleances...You are right, but in any traffic in the world motorbikers are the most vunerable participants in motorized traffic. The only thing you can do is taking care to be seen and anticipate with back in your mind that other trafficers are complete lunetics and think ahead and ride defensive. To my deepest sorrow I have to admit that what I have seen riding in Jeddah ithe majority of motorbikers is absolutely not riding defensively, on the contrary. Not only giving bikers a bad name but also jeopardizing ones live and that of others..
As a biker, independently what bike you ride, need to be aware that you are always the most vunerable participant and that when you want to collide with a car, most probably this can cost your life. Again, with my deepest respect but for the fault of a car driver of a biker you cannot hate them all....

Blanco...thank you for your heart felt message.
I must add....I have the utmost respect for bikers. It is not bikers I hate....just the 600cc my son was on when he was killed.
It is so dangerous for anyone on a motorbike, people in cars do not look out for Bikes.
I have seen a group of bikers going down Tahlia street at one heck of a speed...on only the back wheel......no helmets.
Some people are just crazy when they get on a bike.
Please stay safe.
Think BIKE.....Think LIFE

Thank you, Yolanda. Not for nothing the slogan of our Harley Davidson is: 'Have fun, ride safe !"

Thank you for your good wishes and of course we cannnot see in the future but with Gods help we may stay safe...Al least we can do everything what is possible by ourselves to obtain this..And for the rest we must trust...As everything in life. Also by driving a car in Jeddah I pray for a good and safe drive to my destination, because indeed some trafficers are complete insane behind a steering wheel..

Hello all,Where in Jeddah or Riyahd can I buy motocross gear?

Does anyone know people who rides bikes regularly in the desert who I can hook up with?
Thanks

Thursday, I'm coming in to Jeddah to look for a dual purpose 4-stroke enduro to buy. Smaller than 400 cc, 250's are ok too, but if there are any chinese 150 or 200's in town, I'd like to see them. Any ideas? At the least, I've heard there's a motorcycle area in Jeddah but all I can find online are the dealers...and their online data seems incomplete.

Check on Tahlia street near the intersection with prince majed street.  There are a couple of shops, on oth sides of the street.