Question about Eye test for Driving License in Saudi Arabia

Hi,

I have a very specific question about the eye exam for getting driving license in Saudi Arabia.

I am using glasses so is the any limit on your glass power for getting license?

Also, do they also do any colour vision testing?

I wasn't able to find answers to the above, so hopefully someone who has gone through the process might be able to help!

Much appreciated and Thanks, :)

Rahul

P.S. - I do hold a valid Driving License of India which is good upto 2027.

Your vision with glasses must be 6/6 and that's it.

A few backs the test used to be on the driving school machines and was not comprehensive enough. Now they ask from test from med clinics. I've heard that they don't ask for color blindness check.

Thanks Legend. Hopefully by God's grace I should be able to get the DL in KSA without event! :)

In the eyetest portacabin outside the test centre I had to sit on a chair and read off a chart that was projected (badly) on the wall across from me, then sit down and go through some colour blindness charts.  Then state I wear glasses so my driving license (I presume) could be marked as such.

Were you asked to go through some plates containing dots of colours and tell the number inside them?

rahul287in wrote:

Were you asked to go through some plates containing dots of colours and tell the number inside them?

I was Never Asked for the Eye Test !!

saimans wrote:
rahul287in wrote:

I was Never Asked for the Eye Test !!

Cool. I guess its random from the replies above. Lets see what's in store for me!