Monthly Car Rental in Jeddah vs Long Term Lease vs Just using a Taxi..

I've gone over the other post on Monthly car rentals and understand most of it.   I'm leaning towards just buying a vehicle but also understand all that goes with vehicle ownership (in any country...).

If I decide against Buying in favor of Rental or Lease can someone give me some feedback on rental or monthly lease fees for a Large SUV?  Well, Mid-Lg SUV.  I don't want an Excursion or Suburban.   Would actually love to have a Rover or LandCruiser but don't really want the expense...  My allowance will be north of SR 3k.

Your thoughts?

Rigger

Nothing?  No thoughts at all on this one?

Large SUV from 4500 SR to 7000 SR monthly.
Good luck.

My advise if you are an exapt and working temporary in Saudi, buy or lease the Toyota Fortuner. It will be sold in the second market easily and will not loose much of its value. I'm here not recommending the car itself rather the best plan to lease a car in Saudi.

Larin wrote:

Large SUV from 4500 SR to 7000 SR monthly.
Good luck.

Larin, thanks.   Please clarify.    Is this price monthly for rent, lease or purchase?   

R

We have a Hyndai Elantra right now that we rent monthly for around 3500. Looking to get the SUV - most likely buy/lease as it is cheaper in the long run - since the bigger the car the safer you will feel, especially having your wife and child in the car....

You could get a car lease that ends with ownership, that would make the monthly allowance less. But as said above the monthly allowance for big cars will not be less than 3,500 at best.

Forget about renting.  Even to rent a Corolla the best rate you can get would be 3K per month.

I would suggest purchasing one on installments, or a used one outright if you can manage it.  To calculate installments for Toyota and Lexus: http://www.uis.com.sa/index.aspx - enter desired monthly installment and it will calculate the down payment, or vice versa.

Taxi is doable, but many of the taxis in Jeddah smell inside (of BO), so I hate taking them.

You can get a driver, but if you want to do it legally, you will have to sponsor one, and then pay a salary for at least 2.5K, plus you will have to get a car anyway.  So might as well get a car and drive it yourself.

Junior said it well.

If you want a car which will hold its value get a Toyota.  As long as you take good care of it you will hardly lose anything when you come to resell.

I know a teacher who brought a second hand corolla for 45,000 sar a year later sold it for 40,000sar. considering the low insurance costs and practically free petrol i would say it was a bargain!

Careem and Uber all the way if you can

Hi,
forgot about renting or taxi,
just go for bank leasing only not companies leasing.

bank interest rate is minimum 1.5 % maximum is 3% per year ( their process is more faster then companies and there is no paperwork payment )
all companies interest rate is minimum is 17% annual maximum 23% per year

but all of them required 20% down payment and there is last payment also should be around 15% to 20 % and what ever left you pay in monthly installment.

recently ( Al-Jomaih Co. ) send me a quotation for SUV Suburban XL 2015.

cash price: 171.000 SR
Leasing total Cost : 230.000 SR

down payment :35.240 SR
36 month installment and per month cost : 3960 SR
last payment : 52860 SR

and in last say's this is special price because you are our 10 year old costumer.  :lol:
  now i'm sure you can calculate your new car.

Hi

The best plan you do here , choose the car you want to have, and og to Al Yoser installment company in Tahlia road to have by installment basis, they have the lower rate here.

Good Luck

rafi_nezami so you are recommending for bank leasing? If that will cost me less I think I would go for it.

Bank lease is a 'monthly headache' which lasts for years.... I prefer cash...either for used or brand new car....  Its ur pocket power

Since you have the means. I would suggest to go grab a brand new one through bank financing. Do you see yourself working here for more than 5 years? Then go for it. My 2 cents...

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Free publicity not allowed on the forum